sharetrader

No matter how good the numbers are tomorrow and no matter what our Brent spins I have the feeling the market won't have a bar of it

Share price could go down to 75 cents .... what happened to ARV was a precursor to tomorrow
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I wonder if that is right. It is true that just today RYM is down 7.1%, SUM is down 3.2% and ARV is down 1.7%. These are particularly challenging numbers. But OCA has recovered recently from around 78-79c to close today at 82c and recent times have seen many trading days with over 1m shares turnover for OCA. So, yes there are sellers, but buyer support has also been evident.

OCA has a solid dividend yield so is it possible some are switching/rebalancing within the sector?

Anyway, I have already said I am holding for the result, so trying to remain positive and not be scared out. But tomorrow will tell a tale, in interesting times.

If that happens so be it. It will mean nothing. OCA is a great investment and those of us who see that, are happy to reap our rewards down the track. Long term investment for me, and if I ever manage to find any spare capital I'll take advantage of the market's stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No matter how good the numbers are tomorrow and no matter what our Brent spins I have the feeling the market won't have a bar of it

Share price could go down to 75 cents .... what happened to ARV was a precursor to tomorrow

I just cant work out why this sector has been oversold so much. The sector has shown good growth, good present and future demand and security of an inflation proof investment.

I think the sector is a victim of its own success and security. A very large proportion of the NZ market comes from overseas investment. In recent years when the NZ market was in favour, this sector was bought to the hilt by overseas investors. Now that the overseas investors need to repatriate their funds back to their home countries, the retirement sector has been suffering as the money is being withdrawn. There is just insufficient liquidity in NZ to take over the outflows. Hoping for the best result tomorrow for everyone. OCA deserves a much better SP than it has at the moment.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 22-11-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Numbers not so good but what the heck Brent tells a great story

Value of the company is all about the story so no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Something tells me you'll never be happy no matter what the numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Numbers not so good but what the heck Brent tells a great story

Value of the company is all about the story so no worries

saved by re-sales only , div decrease shows cashflow under pressure just like the others. there increase shown for margins next period is interesting
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    saved by re-sales only , div decrease shows cashflow under pressure just like the others. there increase shown for margins next period is interesting
    Just FWIW ...if divvy reduced means actually good overall ...ie no camouflage going on like before ...only on this count I reckon future is good ...

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Just FWIW ...if divvy reduced means actually good overall ...ie no camouflage going on like before ...only on this count I reckon future is good ...
    oca holders be pleased with there little over 1c div lol after tax
    one step ahead of the herd

Steady as she goes. Premium care units don't rely on Govt to be profitable. Retirement villages are never going to be a spectacular performer with abnormal highs and lows. Just a safe and secure investment, poised to proceed with future growth and stable demand in years to come.