sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    If you are a trader then yes, price matters a great deal more than it does for long term investors. I think we all understand that. But the continual, obsessive focus on OCA's share price (and care costs) is completely irrational. Which puzzles me, given the wealth of experience in these forums. Sometimes I come to check this thread and wonder if I have come to the Sharesies Share Club FB page by mistake.

You do not judge the value of a company by its share price.

I will say this - I am convinced that many people holding OCA and/or posting in this thread, do not actually understand Aged Care. I realise that most of you are more concerned with the property aspect of the sector, but all of these providers are providing Aged Care. Whether that is in a villa, an apartment, a care suite or a standard care bed, it is all aged care to one degree or another. Some of the biggest critics of OCA (both here and in other "places") clearly, just do not "get it."

i know OCA do care but it only provides a tiny part of there profits , the main profit driver is property therefore for me whats happening with property prices is more relevant to the future of OCA. dare i say if OCA was only about care the share price would most probvably be 10c
    one step ahead of the herd

If you buy a share and don't care about the price on any given day (or cherry pick certain days) I don't know what to tell you. Absolutely non-sensical.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Its sp today is the market's current intrinsic value - FACT. Are you saying the SP today is the businesses intrinsic value?
    You need to read carefully, SR - "Its sp is the market's CURRENT intrinsic value".

It is the value placed on the company by the market today, after taking into consideration all pertinent factors including demand and supply of the shares.

As for easy to get equity capital without the market, that is so well contradicted by the growth and growth of markets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You need to read carefully, SR - "Its sp is the market's CURRENT intrinsic value".

It is the value placed on the company by the market today, after taking into consideration all pertinent factors including demand and supply of the shares.

As for easy to get equity capital without the market, that is so well contradicted by the growth and growth of markets.

I think we can just say the market value eh.

Yep often easier to get equity at a better price in public markets but for anything decent, always easy off market too.

Please answer post 114456
    Last edited by SailorRob; 14-12-2022 at 11:02 AM.

The "value placed by the market, on the company today" is not the same thing as the "intrinsic value of the company."

But you know that.

I think we can just say the market value eh.

Yep often easier to get equity at a better price in public markets but for anything decent, always easy off market too.
    Intrinsic value at the end of the day is in the eyes of the beholder.

It will always be a moving feast and to me, that is the absolute beauty of the market.

Banned

Intrinsic value at the end of the day is in the eyes of the beholder.

It will always be a moving feast and to me, that is the absolute beauty of the market.

Yes, yes.

But;

What is the market telling us and how do we react? What do we do?

Also - what was the market telling us recently at $1.60? And what should we have done with that info then??

Also - during Covid at 43c?

Yes, yes.

But;

What is the market telling us and how do we react? What do we do?

Also - what was the market telling us recently at $1.60? And what should we have done with that info then??

Also - during Covid at 43c?
    Depends on one’s perception of what lays ahead.

At 43c, the world was all dark and gloomy dealing with a huge unknown. The market certainly did not expect governments to recklessly pump in unlimited amount of stimuli which caused interest rates to crash towards zero.

At $1.60, the market perceived interest rates to continue to remain low and demand for RVs to be immune from any housing market bust.

Both assumptions and perceptions proved to be wrong.

Banned

Depends on one’s perception of what lays ahead.

At 43c, the world was all dark and gloomy dealing with a huge unknown. The market certainly did not expect governments to recklessly pump in unlimited amount of stimuli which caused interest rates to crash towards zero.

At $1.60, the market perceived interest rates to continue to remain low and demand for RVs to be immune from any housing market bust.

Both assumptions and perceptions proved to be wrong.

Agreed.

And intrinsic value changed very little between these three points (43c $1.60 and now).

Agreed.

And intrinsic value changed very little between these three points (43c $1.60 and now).
    Intrinsic value changed a lot imo - economic conditions, the company’s direction & management, demand & supply dynamics and factors determining cost of capital (interest rates, company’s capital & debt structure and volatility) all changed.