sharetrader
Page 151 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 19773

Macquarie Group announces $A2,557 million full year profit

They are not short of a bob! I believe they will hold OCA for quite some time/years until they have a real incentive ($) to sell . As it is they are making --what?-- 4.5% on their money plus-- what?--- 29% CG-..... geez imagine that for 5 years.
    gee I like this little share.
    Last edited by warren; 25-07-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Guru

Share price down to $1.09 - scary stuff... maybe that $1.14 was as good as it gets for now?
    Don't want this to fall into the arvida trap... consistently solid operational and financial results, yet share price moves nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I recently brought back in taking my average cost per share up a bit.
    Earl Gasparich impressed me at the presentation I attended late last year.
    Chair,Elizabeth Coutts has impressed me for a number of years as an Ebos director.
    Director Gregory Tomlinson has impressed me as a major shareholder/director of HBL.He has a proven history in the retirement sector and has real "skin on the line" with OCA.
    As OCA gets more runs on the board I expect I will add to my modest holding.
    I went to the same presentation at The Chateau on the Park in Christchurch last year. There were presentations from two other company CEO's / CFO's as well.
    Before the presentation started I went to the toilet. When I walked on there was a ‘youngish’ looking gentleman dressed in a suit washing his hands, straightening his tie, and checking his appearance in the mirror. I had no idea who he was but I guessed he was involved with Craig's Partners who had organised the event.
    When it was time for the OCA presentation it was given by Earl Gasparich, and he was the person I had seen earlier. He was the only presenter to wear a suit. In my experience, while the cut of the cloth doesn’t always make a man, I have often found people who pay attention to their appearance and presentation; that is often reflected in the detail with which they run their affairs and business.
    In any case, I was really impressed with his passion for OCA. He spoke clearly, directly and articulately. When he was asked a question from the floor, “what keeps you awake at night”? His response of ‘a patient being given the wrong medication’ IMHO was right on the money. It would have been easy for a rhetorical type answer of something along the lines of ‘not adding shareholder value’.
    Anyway, I’m not sure why I’ve written all this, but I was so suitably impressed I subsequently quadrupled my holding. It is now the largest holding I have in a single company.
    While I don’t hold warrens myopic views (I do enjoy reading his comments though ) whether the growth comes now or later, I’m content to keep getting the Government Guaranteed dividend twice a year in the meantime while I wait. I can think of far worse places to park my money.

percy

Thanks dubya.
    Yes that was the presentation.Excellent write up thank you.OCA may be a good fit for NZ Super Fund or IFT.to take a good holding in.?
    I was also impressed with MEL's presentation,since added to ,but thought AIA was a share to avoid.
    Last edited by percy; 25-07-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    I went to the same presentation at The Chateau on the Park in Christchurch last year. There were presentations from two other company CEO's / CFO's as well.
    Before the presentation started I went to the toilet. When I walked on there was a ‘youngish’ looking gentleman dressed in a suit washing his hands, straightening his tie, and checking his appearance in the mirror. I had no idea who he was but I guessed he was involved with Craig's Partners who had organised the event.
    When it was time for the OCA presentation it was given by Earl Gasparich, and he was the person I had seen earlier. He was the only presenter to wear a suit. In my experience, while the cut of the cloth doesn’t always make a man, I have often found people who pay attention to their appearance and presentation; that is often reflected in the detail with which they run their affairs and business.
    In any case, I was really impressed with his passion for OCA. He spoke clearly, directly and articulately. When he was asked a question from the floor, “what keeps you awake at night”? His response of ‘a patient being given the wrong medication’ IMHO was right on the money. It would have been easy for a rhetorical type answer of something along the lines of ‘not adding shareholder value’.
    Anyway, I’m not sure why I’ve written all this, but I was so suitably impressed I subsequently quadrupled my holding. It is now the largest holding I have in a single company.
    While I don’t hold warrens myopic views (I do enjoy reading his comments though ) whether the growth comes now or later, I’m content to keep getting the Government Guaranteed dividend twice a year in the meantime while I wait. I can think of far worse places to park my money.
    Top post, many thanks for sharing. I agree and notice an increasing tendency for directors to not bother wearing a tie at annual meetings which I think is pretty poor form.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Top post, many thanks for sharing. I agree and notice an increasing tendency for directors to not bother wearing a tie at annual meetings which I think is pretty poor form.
    Mainfreight's Don Baird is most probably still NZ's best dressed CEO with or without a tie.
    Still wearing ties...????.Come on....
    Last time I wore one was at a funeral,6 weeks ago.Looked out of place with it....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 25-07-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Guru

I agree and notice an increasing tendency for directors to not bother wearing a tie at annual meetings which I think is pretty poor form.
    I wouldn't judge a person too much by what they wear - hustlers are always the best dressed

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Mainfreight's Don Baird is most probably still NZ's best dressed CEO with or without a tie.
    Still wearing ties...????.Come on....
    Last time I wore one was at a funeral,6 weeks ago.Looked out of place with it....lol.
    Shows the slippery slope we've gone down in terms of informality. I usually still wear one to important client meetings.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Shows the slippery slope we've gone down in terms of informality. I usually still wear one to important client meetings.
    Shows the changing times.
    Go ways back and they would have been saying the same sorts of things in only having a tie rather than wig etc.

Dubya ..... , I’m content to keep getting the Government Guaranteed dividend twice a year in the meantime -
    Your divie mainly comes from running and selling units , not from care activities

The care bit (the Government money) wouldnt give you a divie or if it did a very tiny one

You been listening to Warren too much about all this government
    money.

That’s how I see it anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”