sharetrader

deleted ... no point in answering a question 4 pages back - and hey, we are anyway far away from the thread title, aren't we?

Maybe somebody could rename this thread "sailors investment dreams" and somebody could start an OCA thread where we can undisturbed discuss OCA?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-04-2023 at 08:24 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Correct, that's all that matters. Buying ATM at $20... price drops you're dead.
    I should clarify my previous comment regarding ATM. The up movement in pricing was I believe due to the re-opening of the Chinese borders. Personally there was too much optimism baked into the price once it did open.

I actually held ATM for a brief period and then sold out. My thesis was if the borders reopened probably in the next couple of years this would act as a catalyst. It also it doesn't hurt when they had $700mil in the bank so it's not like they would go out of business. I sold out for a small profit, because I saw better opportunity. But also that I should have taken the declining birth more seriously. Based on some rough calculations to maintain their current sales they will need to gain more of the market share each year, essentially walk again the tide. In addition the US market was burning cash.

So I didn't buy it thinking it was below intrinsic value but I was looking at the potential catalyst.

But I'm still a form believer that trying to finding companies below intrinsic. Unless there are other reasons to support.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    of course the downside to this perfect example is the company does not perform as expected which would mean instead of significant riches you end up with significant losses. there are no free lunches

Absolutely right, which is why I am attracted to crashing share prices without a crash in business performance.

Sometimes the market will foresee downturn in business fundamentals prior.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    deleted ... no point in answering a question 4 pages back - and hey, we are anyway far away from the thread title, aren't we?

Maybe somebody could rename this thread "sailors investment dreams" and somebody could start an OCA thread where we can undisturbed discuss OCA?

Losers give up on their dreams and then it back and become critics of people that win. Don't give up on your dreams.

You're brainwashed by our economic system until you end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Losers give up on their dreams and then it back and become critics of people that win. Don't give up on your dreams.

You're brainwashed by our economic system until you end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    I totally agree with you. The system it's a bit of con. The irony is as investors we try to game it (we want to reap the benefits from the consumers).
    Last edited by Fortunecookie; 24-04-2023 at 09:13 AM.

It's often useful to look back a year on a stock stuck in a downtrend as OCA has been :

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...lages/page1234

The big picture matters a lot more than the financials imo from reading through some of the postings from both the bulls and the bears.

So what's the big picture story from here to 2024?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's often useful to look back a year on a stock stuck in a downtrend as OCA has been :

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...lages/page1234

The big picture matters a lot more than the financials imo from reading through some of the postings from both the bulls and the bears.

So what's the big picture story from here to 2024?

The big picture must by definition be shown in the financials. Over a long period of time of course.

The big picture is that a mediocre return on equity capital even if well sub market, can be enhanced with an absolutely pittance return on the massive float capital and then even a 2% spread on the debt capital will all combine for one hell of a result.

All of this is far better with OCA, but I'm just showing how if you have nearly a billion in free money and are growing that at rates that boggle the mind, you don't need to make much on it to enhance equity returns.

I beg you all - DO NOT focus on the scoreboard. Focus on the playing field intently.

If you can look at whats happening on the field you will be blown away.

The big picture must by definition be shown in the financials. Over a long period of time of course.

The big picture is that a mediocre return on equity capital even if well sub market, can be enhanced with an absolutely pittance return on the massive float capital and then even a 2% spread on the debt capital will all combine for one hell of a result.

All of this is far better with OCA, but I'm just showing how if you have nearly a billion in free money and are growing that at rates that boggle the mind, you don't need to make much on it to enhance equity returns.

I beg you all - DO NOT focus on the scoreboard. Focus on the playing field intently.

If you can look at whats happening on the field you will be blown away.
    you remind me off of a certain other poster that used to post on this forum lol ... cant remember the dog's name but was always so positive on this stock until
    one step ahead of the herd

Going back a year, W69’s post about OCA funding its cashflow deficits and dividends with ever increasing debt and a capital raising imo is the most pertinent in terms of why market perception of OCA has been negative and what OCA needs to do next.

Let’s see what the company has to say about that in May.

The institutional market would most certainly support the cessation of dividends but many of the retail shareholders will react with shock and dismay.

So will OCA bite the bullet and do the right thing?
    Last edited by Balance; 24-04-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Going back a year, W69’s post about OCA funding its cashflow deficit and dividends with debt and a capital raising imo is the most pertinent in terms of what OCA needs to do next.

Let’s see what the company has to say about that in May.

The institutional market would most certainly support the cessation of dividends but many of the retail shareholders will react with shock and dismay.

So will OCA bite the bullet and do the right thing?
    Good question. Maybe however the shock and dismay you talk about is already baked into todays price?

Paying taxes for a return of my capital always occurred to me as a dumb idea ... so, for me stopping unimputed dividends would increase the share value.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)