sharetrader

I expressed my frustration to OCA for the difficulty to ask online questions at the AGM. They responded to me this morning acknowledging they had technical issues at the time and have since responded to questions here https://oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/investor-centre/news/annual-shareholders-meeting-2023 (click on "see more")

Damn, they couldn't even be bothered renaming the file from the template name.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    I expressed my frustration to OCA for the difficulty to ask online questions at the AGM. They responded to me this morning acknowledging they had technical issues at the time and have since responded to questions here https://oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/investor-centre/news/annual-shareholders-meeting-2023 (click on "see more")
    Thank you 850man. I read the responses. Notwithstanding the commentary around the intended on-sale of the 10 rest homes "held for sale" there is still no announcement of any actual disposal. RAD are also unable to announce any sale, despite trying to offload an unspecified number of existing facilities. So there are some serious questions around marketability.

I liked the answer given around the Retirement Commissioner's review. The outcome will have virtually no effect upon listed operators but may intensify pressures on the smaller unlisted and charity providers who lack the ability to absorb more costs. Clearly for those parties the recent increase in Government funding support came just in time to prevent a potential wave of closures but is insufficient to motivate new entrants and/or possible purchasers of the facilities sought to be offloaded by existing operators such as OCA.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Thank you for following this up with OCA and letting us know. I even managed to find my questions (ref to Helier and government review) and - for an AGM - some reasonably meaningful answers ;

Good that OCA went into the effort to answer the remaining share holder questions, disappointing though that it took that long, that they didn't come back directly to the people asking the questions and that they published the answers that quietly.

Clearly - their communication sucks!

Anyway - worthwhile reading ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I would not think the tax applies to a contract to occupy which is all retirement villagers have.
    Different model? Like strata titles with contract/s for services.

Question 19 ……..so the famous ‘inflection point’ didn’t really mean increased profits leading to increased share price …….but we remain ‘focused on the execution of a five year strategy’ so no worries
    Last edited by winner69; 19-09-2023 at 03:16 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Question 19 ……..so the famous ‘inflection point’ didn’t really mean increased profits leading to increased profits …..but we remain ‘focused on the execution of a five year strategy’ so no worries
    I did find that interesting as well. Inflection point to me does indicate increased profits on the way. Maybe they should have used a different word that would not indicate any increased profits and would indicate they were only moving the goal posts and dependant on government and some other minor details..... Maybe Fruitless instead of Point of inflection.

Businesses are working in a high inflationary and interest rates situation. Naturally, cost of doing business will go up. Companies with mountain of debt will hit hard until we see lower rates and end of high asset inflationary situation.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 19-09-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Hey Ronaldson …did you see Radius have managed to sell one of their sites for $19m

Oceania possibly tell us something similar in next week or two? Or is Brent just playing games until late November half year update?

Good effort by the Warriors but Broncos just too good. Another season passes and it’s not ‘this is our year’

But the passionate Warrior fans / believers are keeping the faith and already clamouring that 2024 is going to be the ‘this is our year’ time.

All this not a good sign for the Oceania share price over the next year. If destiny has anything to do with it F24 is not going to be an Oceania ‘ this is our year’ …. But the faithful followers will be saying we are still a great company on the cusp of greatness ….so F25 will gunna be ‘this is our year’ time.