sharetrader
    Guru

Let's not forget that in 2021 underlying earnings understated NPAT by 50% or more.

So they are not always making the official numbers look better.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I also agree, 'underlying EPS' is a bogus measure, it depends on what metrics they use for 'underlying'. Just get rid of it, EPS is EPS, these CFO's need to stop stop farking around with the numbers! Especially to make the numbers look better than they are!. EDITDA is EDITDA, NPAT is NPAT, EPS is EPS, etc, underlying 'U' has no place in financial reporting, it is bogus and misleading. The FMA should be looking into this distorted and misleading financial reporting.
    I am not sure if the text above was a typo or an exceptionally clever but subtle dig at accounting reporting standards which I was a bit slow to recognise. It is very funny though.

'EBITDA' means 'Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortisation'

'EDITDA' means take away the annual depreciation and amortisation adjustments from earnings and 'Edit' your remaining net earnings in whatever way you like.

It looks like there has been quite a bit of 'EDITDA' reporting in the retirement sector over the last few years. LOL!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-12-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Its clearly stated in OCA account's directors will make up there own assumptions of underlying profit and report this as there results.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Its clearly stated in OCA account's directors will make up there own assumptions of underlying profit and report this as there results.
    Accounts...

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Accounts...
    Jeez bull, if you cant get the apostrophe in the right place how can I trust what you print is correct....I'm afraid I will never read your posts ever ever ever again so it's only sailor,s posts from now on

To some it's more important to be technically correct than fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    And while I,very got you there I,m sure the there that you put there is not the their that you meant to put there so there

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    And while I,very got you there I,m sure the there that you put there is not the their that you meant to put there so there
    their there be nice

Bull isn’t focused on grammar. Cross referencing hog futures against dry bulk ratios across 6 screens, juxtaposing the 2 month lag in Jackson hole references to “transitory” to Nz retiree count in Nelson district takes concentration people.

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Bull isn’t focused on grammar. Cross referencing hog futures against dry bulk ratios across 6 screens, juxtaposing the 2 month lag in Jackson hole references to “transitory” to Nz retiree count in Nelson district takes concentration people.
    correct.
    grammer does not make someone a good investor. analytical skills, market knowledge and ability to make sound decisions based on info are more important