sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Please repost me down ramping OCA?

Just reply/comment to my post so we can all see.
    These people will regard any commentary for the current or a lower share price, to be "down-ramping".

It's not all that complicated, you're talking to people who mostly want higher share prices, and possibly only a few people who want to accumulate on share price weakness. This is the Sharetrader website, after all. Hence your commentary is divisive, some agree, others don't. It's not all that complicated, people have to make up their own minds.

Mindset matters, the 'market' is all about share price, while it's important as far as price goes, the importance differs for those who want a higher share price to sell into, from those who don't and want to buy or accumulate into.

Right now, OCA is gift for for both though, cheap entry for a trader, cheap entry or accumulation for a long. Either way, it's cheap.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    These people will regard any commentary for the current or a lower share price, to be "down-ramping".

It's not all that complicated, you're talking to people who mostly want higher share prices, and possibly only a few people who want to accumulate on share price weakness. This is the Sharetrader website, after all. Hence your commentary is divisive, some agree, others don't. It's not all that complicated, people have to make up their own minds.

Mindset matters, the 'market' is all about share price, while it's important as far as price goes, the importance differs for those who want a higher share price to sell into, from those who don't and want to buy or accumulate into.

Right now, OCA is gift for for both though, cheap entry for a trader, cheap entry or accumulation for a long. Either way, it's cheap.
    Agreed, but I have only ever said that I hope the SP goes lower, aside from me wanting more shares.

I have never down ramped the company or given any reasons why I think it will or should go lower

I was skeptical of the speed that Mav highlighted the SP might rise, but that's hardly down ramping.

If anyone can repost a single comment from me down ramping OCA then I'd like to see it.

If the share price of this company completely misses all of Mav's targets and instead takes 2 whole years to hit a LOUSY dollar...

That's an 18% CAGR.

18% PER year.

Doesn't matter what the hell you paid for it.

Fact is that it's 18% from HERE.
    Would be better if it doesnt meet all targets and goes DOWN 18% every year. This sort of strategy is more you I would have thought?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Would be better if it doesnt meet all targets and goes DOWN 18% every year. This sort of strategy is more you I would have thought?
    Provided its not accompanied by a decline in the business, of course.

There is nobody who wouldn't want that.

Id soon have dividends returning me hundreds of percent more than my purchase price every few months.

Would be crazy after a while, thousands of percent return per year in cash.

5th

Form

Math

After 20 years the share price would be 1.4 cents.

What would the dividend be?
    Last edited by SailorRob; 29-01-2024 at 09:22 PM.

Membaa

Agreed, but I have only ever said that I hope the SP goes lower, aside from me wanting more shares.

I have never down ramped the company or given any reasons why I think it will or should go lower

I was skeptical of the speed that Mav highlighted the SP might rise, but that's hardly down ramping.

If anyone can repost a single comment from me down ramping OCA then I'd like to see it.
    SailorRob. Let's take a step aside and reflect.

Mostly, people here are only concerned with shareprice, and particularly whether it's making them money (going up), assuming they know how to capitalise on it, they will interpret a statement "I have only ever said that I hope the SP goes lower", as down-ramping, despite your intentions or qualifying your statement. It is what it is, we all have different intent and motivations, yours may be in the minorty here. But not alone. People are quick to accuse.

This is unavoidable, you want the share price to go down, or stay the same, for your reasons, as do some minority, which flies in the face of the majority who are only here to capitalise on share prices rising. No wonder they rebel and rail against you.

Who is right and who is wrong is of no matter, nor is it how long it takes to prove one side is wrong or right. We all make our decisions, what happens or is said here is of little consequence.

Time wounds all heels. The last laugh will be to whom make the greatest spoils. The in-between is of no matter or consequence.

Guru

Mostly, people here are only concerned with shareprice, and particularly whether it's making them money (going up), assuming they know how to capitalise on it, they will interpret a statement "I have only ever said that I hope the SP goes lower", as down-ramping, despite your intentions or qualifying your statement. It is what it is, we all have different intent and motivations, yours may be in the minorty here. But not alone. People are quick to accuse.

This is unavoidable, you want the share price to go down, or stay the same, for your reasons, as do some minority, which flies in the face of the majority who are only here to capitalise on share prices rising. No wonder they rebel and rail against you.

Who is right and who is wrong is of no matter, nor is it how long it takes to prove one side is wrong or right. We all make our decisions, what happens or is said here is of little consequence.

Time wounds all heels. The last laugh will be to whom make the greatest spoils. The in-between is of no matter or consequence.
    Sorry mate, I couldn’t quite catch any of that.

Could you take your tongue out of his arse and say it again?

I have another share I plan on accumulating and I really do want it to drop. SR always made sense to me. Never saw it any other way. Mine is probably more risky than OCA. I intend buying more OCA with the proceeds of another investment as well.

No one had any love for metlife till an offer came along. Who wants that? Never. Let it cycle along in perpetuity.

The whole point of investing is to make the squiggly line go from the top left to the bottom right. You can have a view that you would like prices to remain depressed for a while to deploy additional funds, but that's gotta be the exception rather than the rule.

Meanwhile the list of things that are wrong with having a stock be underpriced for a long period is much longer. For starters, there is the obvious risk of a takeover bid coming in well under long term value. The second is that personal circumstances force an investor to capitulate on an investment either partially or in full. At the very least, not all investors will be in a position to add capital into the market, in fact many are drawing down from it.

Lastly, the intense interest in year by year returns for benchmarking purposes is real, even by those who claim to have a long term view (as we can see in a neighbouring thread).

That's likely why begging for lower prices is seen as flippant trolling.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    The whole point of investing is to make the squiggly line go from the top left to the bottom right. You can have a view that you would like prices to remain depressed for a while to deploy additional funds, but that's gotta be the exception rather than the rule.

Meanwhile the list of things that are wrong with having a stock be underpriced for a long period is much longer. For starters, there is the obvious risk of a takeover bid coming in well under long term value. The second is that personal circumstances force an investor to capitulate on an investment either partially or in full. At the very least, not all investors will be in a position to add capital into the market, in fact many are drawing down from it.

Lastly, the intense interest in year by year returns for benchmarking purposes is real, even by those who claim to have a long term view (as we can see in a neighbouring thread).

That's likely why begging for lower prices is seen as flippant trolling.
    Yes, Baa_Baa highlighted the takeover risk recently and I agree.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I have another share I plan on accumulating and I really do want it to drop. SR always made sense to me. Never saw it any other way. Mine is probably more risky than OCA. I intend buying more OCA with the proceeds of another investment as well.

No one had any love for metlife till an offer came along. Who wants that? Never. Let it cycle along in perpetuity.
    Yeah, there are companies I own where I'd prefer the share price to go up, and that highlights to me that I'm not confident about the businesses.

The more confidence I have in the future cash flows the cheaper I want to be able to buy them even if I already own, or for them to repurchase.

Berkshire is my biggest position and upon Buffett stepping down or dying I would appreciate a 90% decline in the share price.

It will lay waste to my net worth, for a time.