sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Increased turnover...
    well yes , but the PR not good. pr can effect valuation of a village.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Whats going on, 6 out of 60 ish residents and patients, I wouldn't want my father to be in there at that rate. They need a vaccine but after the last 3 years history with jabcinda everyone got vaccine-phobia

I knew of a smaller rest home loosing nearly a third in a fortnight with covid. Beds were filled in no time as its hospital level care.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Whats going on, 6 out of 60 ish residents and patients, I wouldn't want my father to be in there at that rate. They need a vaccine but after the last 3 years history with jabcinda everyone got vaccine-phobia

Don't know what you mean by that, but we do have Flu vaccines which are regularly updated to match whichever strains are prevalent at the time.
    Vaccines rely on a good immune system to react to the vaccine & teach the body to produce anti-bodies to give us complete or partial protection from particular pathogens.

Elderly people usually have weakened immune systems or are immunocompromised so their immune systems may only respond weakly to the vaccine meaning they don't work as well & give them the same high level of protection. Like all vulnerable groups, essential they have them though to provide a degree of protection.
    Flu kills average of 700 people each year in NZ compared to road deaths of 340 in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Don't know what you mean by that, but we do have Flu vaccines which are regularly updated to match whichever strains are prevalent at the time.
    Vaccines rely on a good immune system to react to the vaccine & teach the body to produce anti-bodies to give us complete or partial protection from particular pathogens.

Elderly people usually have weakened immune systems or are immunocompromised so their immune systems may only respond weakly to the vaccine meaning they don't work as well & give them the same high level of protection. Like all vulnerable groups, essential they have them though to provide a degree of protection.
    Flu kills average of 700 people each year in NZ compared to road deaths of 340 in 2023.
    So on average about 2 deaths a day across the country

So 6 deaths in 12 days in one location is a very rare event …hmmmm
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i see a float from insurance as never being returned compared to this float at oca having to be returned mostly.
    The difference between SailorBoy & I are numerous & in this case we differed as well.
    I have always seen the float as approximately 15% of the original sale value i.e retained DMF, plus any profit on the resale.
    Targeted profit on resales is 20%.

This should generate around $60M per year, growing to around $12M per year compounding as units are sold and more resales come on stream.

The float that SailorBoy referred to only eventuates once they stop borrowing for development. I.e OCA saves the interest costs, then if they stop all development the float will grow, but that's a much longer term proposition.
    Last edited by Daytr; 14-02-2024 at 10:09 AM.

REINZ data January

The total number of properties sold across New Zealand in January 2024 4.9% higher than pcp ……so volumes growing although remain at very low levels

But Auckland however lowest sales count month ever recorded (except covid months)

Maybe Brent will have to say sluggish property market holding back sales

Median price down a tad

https://www.reinz.co.nz/Web/Web/News...onfidence_lift
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    REINZ data January

The total number of properties sold across New Zealand in January 2024 4.9% higher than pcp ……so volumes growing although remain at very low levels

But Auckland however lowest sales count month ever recorded (except covid months)

Maybe Brent will have to say sluggish property market holding back sales

Median price down a tad

https://www.reinz.co.nz/Web/Web/News...onfidence_lift
    Bid-ask spread too wide. Sellers will have to capitulate soon as rates stay high.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Bid-ask spread too wide. Sellers will have to capitulate soon as rates stay high.
    If oldies selling to move into a village will they be able afford what they want …or will village unit prices fall as well

Sales, sales and even more sales is the cry from Oceania shareholders

But Brent probably would like to see the red line heading up faster …going up but not really conducive for booming sales

Annual house sales volumes chart updated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 14-02-2024 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Best news I've heard all week.
    Would have been better if you bought your 70% position after the big drop.

Sailor got you well and truly didn’t he