sharetrader
Page 1878 of 1966 FirstFirst ... 878137817781828186818741875187618771878187918801881188218881928 ... LastLast
Results 18,771 to 18,780 of 19660
  1. #18771
    ShareTrader Legend bull....'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    11,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Increased turnover...
    well yes , but the PR not good. pr can effect valuation of a village.
    one step ahead of the herd

  2. #18772
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Whats going on, 6 out of 60 ish residents and patients, I wouldn't want my father to be in there at that rate. They need a vaccine but after the last 3 years history with jabcinda everyone got vaccine-phobia

    I knew of a smaller rest home loosing nearly a third in a fortnight with covid. Beds were filled in no time as its hospital level care.

  3. #18773
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Whats going on, 6 out of 60 ish residents and patients, I wouldn't want my father to be in there at that rate. They need a vaccine but after the last 3 years history with jabcinda everyone got vaccine-phobia

    Don't know what you mean by that, but we do have Flu vaccines which are regularly updated to match whichever strains are prevalent at the time.
    Vaccines rely on a good immune system to react to the vaccine & teach the body to produce anti-bodies to give us complete or partial protection from particular pathogens.

    Elderly people usually have weakened immune systems or are immunocompromised so their immune systems may only respond weakly to the vaccine meaning they don't work as well & give them the same high level of protection. Like all vulnerable groups, essential they have them though to provide a degree of protection.
    Flu kills average of 700 people each year in NZ compared to road deaths of 340 in 2023.

  4. #18774
    Speedy Az winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    37,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Don't know what you mean by that, but we do have Flu vaccines which are regularly updated to match whichever strains are prevalent at the time.
    Vaccines rely on a good immune system to react to the vaccine & teach the body to produce anti-bodies to give us complete or partial protection from particular pathogens.

    Elderly people usually have weakened immune systems or are immunocompromised so their immune systems may only respond weakly to the vaccine meaning they don't work as well & give them the same high level of protection. Like all vulnerable groups, essential they have them though to provide a degree of protection.
    Flu kills average of 700 people each year in NZ compared to road deaths of 340 in 2023.
    So on average about 2 deaths a day across the country

    So 6 deaths in 12 days in one location is a very rare event …hmmmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

  5. #18775
    ****
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i see a float from insurance as never being returned compared to this float at oca having to be returned mostly.
    The difference between SailorBoy & I are numerous & in this case we differed as well.
    I have always seen the float as approximately 15% of the original sale value i.e retained DMF, plus any profit on the resale.
    Targeted profit on resales is 20%.

    This should generate around $60M per year, growing to around $12M per year compounding as units are sold and more resales come on stream.

    The float that SailorBoy referred to only eventuates once they stop borrowing for development. I.e OCA saves the interest costs, then if they stop all development the float will grow, but that's a much longer term proposition.
    Last edited by Daytr; 14-02-2024 at 10:09 AM.

  6. #18776
    Speedy Az winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    37,869

    Default

    REINZ data January

    The total number of properties sold across New Zealand in January 2024 4.9% higher than pcp ……so volumes growing although remain at very low levels

    But Auckland however lowest sales count month ever recorded (except covid months)

    Maybe Brent will have to say sluggish property market holding back sales

    Median price down a tad

    https://www.reinz.co.nz/Web/Web/News...onfidence_lift
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

  7. #18777
    Senior Member Lego_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    REINZ data January

    The total number of properties sold across New Zealand in January 2024 4.9% higher than pcp ……so volumes growing although remain at very low levels

    But Auckland however lowest sales count month ever recorded (except covid months)

    Maybe Brent will have to say sluggish property market holding back sales

    Median price down a tad

    https://www.reinz.co.nz/Web/Web/News...onfidence_lift
    Bid-ask spread too wide. Sellers will have to capitulate soon as rates stay high.

  8. #18778
    Speedy Az winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    37,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Bid-ask spread too wide. Sellers will have to capitulate soon as rates stay high.
    If oldies selling to move into a village will they be able afford what they want …or will village unit prices fall as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

  9. #18779
    Speedy Az winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    37,869

    Default

    Sales, sales and even more sales is the cry from Oceania shareholders

    But Brent probably would like to see the red line heading up faster …going up but not really conducive for booming sales

    Annual house sales volumes chart updated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 14-02-2024 at 12:59 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

  10. #18780
    Guru Rawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Best news I've heard all week.
    Would have been better if you bought your 70% position after the big drop.

    Sailor got you well and truly didn’t he

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •