sharetrader
Page 1889 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 889138917891839187918851886188718881889189018911892189318991939 ... LastLast
Results 18,881 to 18,890 of 19783

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    SR is still buying, so am I. The lower the better.
    In the email I sent to Oceania re Mavericks plea I did add that you and others wanted them to come out with bad news so share price would collapse more

Maybe they working on that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Im curious as to your thinking around buying more of OCA when you already hold 70% of your portfolio in the stock?

Like you could buy a stock in an upward good news cycle such as TWR. To steal one of Sailors lines- its free money lol

Sailorboy has 10% of his portfolio in OCA (if i remember correctly) so i can understand him buying more at these prices.

Like what if you are wrong with your assumptions on OCA? It does happen. The balance sheet isnt exactly strong. And i remember you once said you liked strong balance sheets.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...LWQZUGNIX54IM/
    paywalled

Enjoy the tour of the over-priced and over-valued St Helier.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

paywalled

As long as there are greater fools out there who’ll buy them no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

paywalled

sales are slow im guessing
    one step ahead of the herd

... have power to make you great

There was a graph shown of OCA becoming a smaller and smaller percentage of SUM over time. That just shrank a bit more (sobbing emoji)

Hi all. First time poster but have been a keen follower of this thread since initial listing. I have the greatest of respect for all posters who undoubtedly are far more intelligent than myself. As a firm believer Oceania will deliver the goods in due course( 100% of my current portfolio). Call me foolish if you must but I am a born risk taker and content with that. I would like to add a couple of points to the conversation. Although I believe in Oceana I have little to no faith in The Market as a valuer. Mr Market is a very fickle creature and a reactive one at that.
    My first point is Warren Buffet is quoted as saying “ When the market is fearful be greedy and when the market is greedy be fearful). The Market at the moment is very jittery and fearful and do I believe it is a great time to buy. Whether it is the best time I’m not sure.
    My second point is if we study the Summerset thread way back in their first few years it’s almost a carbon copy of the Oceana thread with the same opposing opinions. And yet now it appears to bd the darling of the retirement stocks and trading at $10-$11. Imagine if Oceana gets to that level Greg Tomlinson will have a $270,000,000 nest egg!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHKWAV View Post
    Hi all. First time poster but have been a keen follower of this thread since initial listing. I have the greatest of respect for all posters who undoubtedly are far more intelligent than myself. As a firm believer Oceania will deliver the goods in due course( 100% of my current portfolio). Call me foolish if you must but I am a born risk taker and content with that. I would like to add a couple of points to the conversation. Although I believe in Oceana I have little to no faith in The Market as a valuer. Mr Market is a very fickle creature and a reactive one at that.
    My first point is Warren Buffet is quoted as saying “ When the market is fearful be greedy and when the market is greedy be fearful). The Market at the moment is very jittery and fearful and do I believe it is a great time to buy. Whether it is the best time I’m not sure.
    My second point is if we study the Summerset thread way back in their first few years it’s almost a carbon copy of the Oceana thread with the same opposing opinions. And yet now it appears to bd the darling of the retirement stocks and trading at $10-$11. Imagine if Oceana gets to that level Greg Tomlinson will have a $270,000,000 nest egg!
    Nice to see a new poster. Kudos to you for offering your views on what must be one of the most dysfunctional threads on the internet.

61c is a good entry price ....the last time sp was down to this price was COVID time

Quote Originally Posted by SHKWAV View Post
    Welcome and excellent first post