sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Well Winner and Balance, your sources saying 30-35m shares needed to change hands was spot on. Well done fellas.
    34m shares traded yesterday so pretty much bang on with the calculation of the number of shares to be exited indeed.

Same broker contact made the point to me yesterday that they estimated that of the 21m shares traded since the MSCI index announcement, most of the stock were either shorts or institutional sell down.

Obviously, their selldown were done in anticipation of a much lower price yesterday to cover shorts or portfolio reset.

And they have done well -sp was 70c when MSCI announcement was made - so a nice 15.7% gain and progressively lower gains for those who sold at 70c etc etc and have reset or covered at 59c yesterday.

Where does the sp go from here?

His view is that the sp will go back to 65c and then, the traders who got set at 59c will take their profit. Then, industry & company specific developments and fundamentals will take over to determine the next price level until OCA reports its results.

Happy trading, folks!

Not much action on the Oceania front today

Hardly anybody buying or selling ..if this keeps up share price might drift back to low 50s
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Hardly anybody buying or selling ..if this keeps up share price might drift back to low 50s
    Seems the sector as out of favour today and trading quiet. We will just have to wait till May and Full Year unless they give us a unprecedented Investor update

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Triggering the anticipated takeover offer of $1.00?

Can imagine that the directors will get lynched if they reject an offer like that - almost 100% premium if sp drops to say, 51 cents!
    Last edited by Balance; 01-03-2024 at 05:08 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Why has ST recommended this dunce for so long... what's the appeal except the NTA and some ST'ers may be residents of OCA soon

I'm out of the NZ market entirely for now, sick of it.
    The narrow NZ market has certainly been a laggard recently but may Tomorrow Belongs to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Triggering the anticipated takeover offer of $1.00?

Can imagine that the directors will get lynched if they reject an offer like that - almost 100% premium if sp drops to say, 51 cents!
    BTW, there is a rumour going around that the very same offshore infrastructure fund who bid $1.70 per share for Arvida in September last year is back in town.

Hmmmmm - who could they be interested in this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    BTW, there is a rumour going around that the very same offshore infrastructure fund who bid $1.70 per share for Arvida in September last year is back in town.

Hmmmmm - who could they be interested in this time?
    If this so called "rumour" of yours is true, I hope its better communicated to the shareholders (assume its OCA) than the board of ARV did because boy do they have explaining to do.

Just for the record I won't be selling my 1.1m shares at an average of $0.61 to them.

I will leave there, you momentum/short term traders can do as you always do, sell NZ Assets cheap to foreigners on the cheap

GWD is a big dog!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Costs outstripping house price growth (alongside regulation) is a risk across the sector and OCA is particularly exposed to both.

Chances any better of this one borrowing to pay your divie .. seeing as Ryman didn't ?

I would take 1.15. Still, I would be annoyed. Was hoping to make more money. But you cant complain with money back and a tidy profit.