sharetrader
Page 251 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 1512012412472482492502512522532542552613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 19783
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i must be smoking to much , i thought when you had an existing stock of beds and you convert them to a care suite. there is a cost for conversion but when they sell them they get 10% upfront and a gain from the sale over the cost on the books before of the care bed.followed by 10% each yr for a total of 3 yrs. the point i was making they do not have a delay for new builds consented as its existing stock so they making 10% revenue gains very quickly etc which can only be replicated in revenue in the future if they get enough brownfields up and running which is highly dependant on consenting and land

just to clarify its a fast way to make the books look good
    Here is a link that explains the costs of a recent actual example of a "conversion" from 5 care beds into 4 Care suites.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...631/290269.pdf
    Its in an Oceania investor presentation recently put out , check out page 30, it's all laid out quite nicely.

I think what you have confused here is the new villa builds with conversions of care bads to care suites.
    New villa builds do rent out (ORA) at a premium to their build cost, the clients pay in full upfront so that margin on payment is revenue. However the "conversions" costs the company upfront which they eventually get back through an improved ORA, but this is less than the cost of the initial conversion.

The link above is well laid out and will explain how the whole thing works. Be warned, it might take a lot of effort and thinking (it did for me anyway) to get your head around the terms used , accounting etc but its all there.
    Last edited by Maverick; 19-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Here is a link that explains the costs of a recent actual example of a "conversion" from 5 care beds into 4 Care suites.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...631/290269.pdf
    Its in an Oceania investor presentation recently put out , check out page 30, it's all laid out quite nicely.

I think what you have confused here is the new villa builds with conversions of care bads to care suites.
    New villa builds do rent out (ORA) at a premium to their build cost, the clients pay in full upfront so that margin on payment is revenue. However the "conversions" costs the company upfront which they eventually get back through an improved ORA, but this is less than the cost of the initial conversion.

The link above is well laid out and will explain how the whole thing works. Be warned, it might take a lot of effort and thinking (it did for me anyway) to get your head around the terms used , accounting etc but its all there.
    care beds on there books now when converted into care suite ends up as a revaluation gain on the books probably all lumped together. i get the future revenues from the conversion are mostly delayed.

just goes show they are highly dependant on getting a good sale price for there conversions
    Last edited by bull....; 19-12-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    care beds on there books now when converted into care suite ends up as a revaluation gain on the books probably all lumped together. i get the future revenues from the conversion are mostly delayed.

just goes show they are highly dependant on getting a good sale price for there conversions

most of your posts 3000+ are all doom and gloom. I'm hotcopper guy, i just joined to say hello to you... i remembered when A2 was trading in range of 60c to 80c few years back there were couple of posters (shorters) on hotcopper just like you...posting all day long doom and gloom posts on hotcopper A2 forum. i bought 200k A2 volumes at 72c look at the A2 share price (sold half beginning of this year when it reached to nzd $14, still holding other half).

OCA is same...solid future fundamental if anyone here for long hold then this doom and gloom posts are just hot air.... it's only matters to traders....

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by dr_; 19-12-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
    most of your posts 3000+ are all doom and gloom. I'm hotcopper guy, i just joined to say hello to you... i remembered when A2 was trading in range of 60c to 80c few years back there were couple of posters (shorters) on hotcopper just like you...posting all day long doom and gloom posts on hotcopper A2 forum. i bought 200k A2 volumes at 72c look at the A2 share price.

OCA is same...solid future fundamental if anyone here for long hold then this doom and gloom posts are just hot air.... it's only matters to traders....

Enjoy!!
    Welcome to the forum and well said.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
    most of your posts 3000+ are all doom and gloom. I'm hotcopper guy, i just joined to say hello to you... i remembered when A2 was trading in range of 60c to 80c few years back there were couple of posters (shorters) on hotcopper just like you...posting all day long doom and gloom posts on hotcopper A2 forum. i bought 200k A2 volumes at 72c look at the A2 share price.

Enjoy!!
    hahha you are dead right i was posting doom and gloom about a2 at 50c they must have read my posts and got there act together lol . i did buy a2 by the way even after all the doom and gloom once i saw they were changing there ways. think i posted that too
    Last edited by bull....; 19-12-2018 at 05:42 PM.

IMO

Contrarian opinions are essential to balance the extreme up ramping, promoting, that goes on here .Thank Dog for that!
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-12-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Contrarian opinions are essential to balance the extreme up ramping, promoting that goes on here .Thank Dog for that!
    well said it was way over hyped dog

At least OCA didn’t close at 104 ....that’s a good sign
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least OCA didn’t close at 104 ....that’s a good sign
    Yes, on good volume as well, a decent arm wrestle of over 1.3 million shares traded between $1.05 and $1.04 and some fairly large single crossings. Sign of confidence (bottoming?) to see the largish pile of bids and asks within a cent of each other for whole day (esp after the recent elevator ride downwards). Some get antsy that anyone would sell at these prices but likely they're cashing in good gains, while for every sale there's a buyer getting what they think is good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yes, on good volume as well, a decent arm wrestle of over 1.3 million shares traded between $1.05 and $1.04 and some fairly large single crossings. Sign of confidence (bottoming?) to see the largish pile of bids and asks within a cent of each other for whole day (esp after the recent elevator ride downwards). Some get antsy that anyone would sell at these prices but likely they're cashing in good gains, while for every sale there's a buyer getting what they think is good value.
    Well, bot selling at every 15mins @ 1.04 below asking price. This is happening since last week and half on OCA, bot selling every 15 mins below the asking price, someone after for

46 15:19 1.04 768 $798.72
    45 15:10 1.05 2,380 $2,499.00
    44 15:04 1.04 768 $798.72
    43 14:49 1.04 768 $798.72
    42 14:34 1.04 768 $798.7

The break will lift when someone is done with it....seen this lots on ASX with other shares. bot selling 1 unit every 10 to 15mins.