sharetrader
Page 30 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440801305301030 ... LastLast
    Banned

Received Craig investor news...recommended OCA...bought in this morning...so let see eh..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    hmm possibly... then again, annual results will come out showing what the prospectus forecast, and all will be well (one hopes)
    People cleared out the 86 cent 'road block' today, and even the 87 cents... nobody selling till 88 now with buys way outweighing the sells... maybe OCA will be valued something more realistic, like in the 90's, by the end of the week?

Only so much the 'big guys can feed the market' right?

Disclosure: I hold, and am surprised at a number of others who have, mostly recently, come out disclosing their holdings... then again, who could resist a supposed forward PE of just 9?

Probably still can't count it as one of the retirement operators, despite their impressive development pipeline, like old Arvida, one would assume that is still reserved for "the big 3"
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 11-07-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Probably still can't count it as one of the retirement operators, despite their impressive development pipeline, like old Arv

Veteran novice

Keep up the good work, t j. There's probably still a few out there who havn't been convinced yet that OCA is the real deal!

Disc: Been there since the IPO.

Guru

Default Another day, another record

Wow, another day solid day for OCA, nobody selling till 90 cents now.

Well done to all the holders, less than 2 weeks till full year results are released.

Also something to note: OCA is now (finally) trading above Forward FY18 PE of 10, I think it is now a huge 10.6 (still the cheapest in the sector by miles*, another 10 cents and we might have something closer to fair value... which is still lower than the top end of what they were trying to flog it for in the first place)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 14-07-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: *then again does OCA count as one of the retirement operators? (Still reserved for 'the big 3 maybe')

http://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/r...etting-started Fixed fees for life for independent retirement units...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/r...etting-started Fixed fees for life for independent retirement units...
    lol at the marketing fee when its so easy to find another Occupier

quite brutal really huh in that example 67% of original purchase price is returned with potential refurbishment costs additional, which may not be insignificant

But, I recognise that what is really happening here (and other Operators) is that retirees are maintaining a good quality of their lifestyle by spending the inheritance. Their right.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

It's only inheritance money when you die. Until then it's your money. 😋

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    It's only inheritance money when you die. Until then it's your money. ��
    I must tell the daughters that.!!!..lol.

My mother has been in an Oceania Retirement home for 3 years now, recently has moved into the 24/7 hospital care due to health. I have nothing but praise for the service, the facility, the nurse care, the kindness all staff show, the food etc etc. Its not cheap, the fees are up there but I think warrants the care she gets.
    Disclaimer: Now own shares and will top up as a long term hold.

Anybody noticed what happened to the OCA SP this morning? If you hold ... have a look and enjoy! It looks like there is plenty of demand for the shares but hardly any supply ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)