sharetrader
Page 367 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 19736
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Slide 4: "Attractive demographics are just the start"

Seems like they are copying someone else:

Bunnings: "Lowest prices are just the beginning"

U cracked me up...

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Not a bad presentation. But the thing I do not like is the NZ Aged Care Supreme Winner award on Page 2. Unclear if it is 2015 - 2017. Regardless it show they didn't win it in 2018. Which shows there is someone better. Dont need to highlight that to the market.

reminds me of those sad restaurants that have their "menu" award form 1983 stuck in the front window
    Tried to find out who won the 2018 award. Apparently it was the "Wyndham & Districts Community Rest Home Inc in Wyndham": https://nzaca.org.nz/events/awards-2018/;

Don't know the criteria for the price but not too concerned if one tiny retirement home in Southland with a total of 23 beds takes it. Small is beautiful, but it can't be an insurmountable competitor for OCA:

https://www.eldernet.co.nz/Facilitie...ce/FaStID/1082
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Wow. So many buyers and relatively few sellers. Presentation may have stirred interest? I've not seen a line up like this for a long time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfish View Post
    Wow. So many buyers and relatively few sellers. Presentation may have stirred interest? I've not seen a line up like this for a long time.
    Or big boys buying prior to the possible/probably inclusion into the NZX50.

percy

I have sold my OCA holding today,getting $1.08 from buyers wanting in before OCA hits the NZX 50 index..
    I did not see the property down turn affecting the sector.
    Yesterday's SUM agm proved me wrong.
    The projected reduced development margin sends a clear signal that the glory days have gone for the time being.
    Hopefully the property market downturn in Auckland and ChCh will not last too long,but who knows.?
    Last edited by percy; 01-05-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have sold my OCA holding today,getting $1.08 from buyers wanting in before OCA hits the NZX 50 index..
    I did not see the property down turn affecting the sector.
    Yesterday's SUM agm proved me wrong.
    The projected reduced development margin sends a clear signal that the glory days have gone for the time being.
    Hopefully the property market downturn in Auckland and ChCh will not last too long,but who knows.?
    Long term no worries and OCA has more of a moat than SUM others due to their care based % and the lower average sale price of their care suites and apartments. Having said that the Macca overhang is a very large elephant and $1.10 is a huge resistance level at this point in time IMO.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Long term no worries and OCA has more of a moat than SUM others due to their care based % and the lower average sale price of their care suites and apartments. Having said that the Macca overhang is a very large elephant and $1.10 is a huge resistance level at this point in time IMO.
    Agreed.
    I will be back.
    Just don't know when.

Dont you just hate it when it then goes to $1.09

Default A good stock!!

Agreed.
    I will be back.
    Just don't know when.
    Good stuff Percy. However I am sure OCA is a bargain. Here's why:
    1. How many stocks that pay 4% return on current share price exist at the low purchase price of approx 110 cents,
    2. How many Companies have done exactly what they said they would do?? OCA has.
    3. How many stocks have a solid gold backing of real estate that OCA has?.
    4. How many stocks in NZ can you buy into with close to 3000 skilled staff?
    5. How many stocks have the Ageing Population/longer living population figures to market to like OCA does?
    6. How many Companies have absolute 'company business experts" on the BoD like OCA does?
    7. Look at the competitors share price R =$12 S-$6 so I suggest at $1.10 OCA is a bargain

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Dont you just hate it when it then goes to $1.09
    No surprises there.!!.
    I was prepared to sell at $1.06 so am relaxed.
    Just have to see how I get on now with my buy order for the stock I am repacing OCA with.
    Just received the contract,brought SKL at $2.19 which is better than the $2.20 I thought I would have to pay.Remain "well positioned."
    ps .Have a bit leftover to buy a fun stock in Aussie
    Last edited by percy; 02-05-2019 at 07:46 AM.