sharetrader
Page 398 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 2983483883943953963973983994004014024084484988981398 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 19783

I had to laugh at the NZSA review of the Oceania AGM when it was noted that no board member had building/construction background but it had many accountants on the Board

The reviewer said - A cynic would have wondered how three accountants on a board could possibly have any diversity of thought.

Maybe she could have added something about accountants building retirement villages ...better do what Keith Quinn didn’t and finish with lol.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I am selling out , there are too many adverts from all retirement villages.

Haven’t heard much from Oceania lately.

Must have realised all their fancy presentations with lots of new age bull**** aren’t working.

Suppose this from Oceania is not entirely aspirational rhetoric but is close to it

Our vision
    To be the preferred provider of care and lifestyle options for senior New Zealanders by meeting or exceeding the expectations of our residents, staff and stakeholders.

Our mission
    We provide excellent contemporary care that reflects our residents’ individuality and their right to choice, respect and dignity. We provide a positive and welcoming environment where our residents are encouraged and supported to enjoy a high quality of life.

They say a mission statement should say what they’ll do but also say what they won’t do. Oceania fails in this respect.

Listening to Earl and reading some Oceania material I’m surprised that their vision isn’t something like ‘we aim elevate the world’s consciousness.”

I betcha Oceania have regular ra ra management sessions (ie conferences) where the vision and mission is drummed into the participants in case they’ve forgotten. They must be a xciting.

I wonder if they ever talk about exceeding shareholder expectations
    Last edited by winner69; 09-10-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Looking back over the last few months Gregory Tomlinson has been buying a heap of shares on market. Surely this insider buying would be a good sign.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Looking back over the last few months Gregory Tomlinson has been buying a heap of shares on market. Surely this insider buying would be a good sign.
    Looks like he's not the only one, & seems all Directors added to their already substantial share holdings in the recent DRP.

Got to give pause for thought.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Looks like he's not the only one, & seems all Directors added to their already substantial share holdings in the recent DRP.

Got to give pause for thought.
    Definitely, very encouraging. Some people lack patience but that’s probably understandable if they bought into the big ramp to $1.20 which means their break even might be a while away yet. Note how resilient the SP is despite all the recent market turmoil, it bodes very well for patient accumulation. Gltah

Guru

I see The Sands in Browns Bay being advertised with a new initiative to attract buyers: no weekly fees for 2 years (on the usual A4 double sided peice of paper that seems to come out monthly - perhaps even more regularly - sort of like a news letter lol)... must be struggling to sell them because if they were going gangbusters, over 4 months on from when we were told they were finished (aka by 31 May balance date), they seem to be more desperate than ever to sell them.
    At least the advertised 2 bedroom price hasn't dropped (that would be a serious cause for concern) and still starting at $850k
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 09-10-2019 at 08:24 PM.

https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/the-sands-village Ouch...I thought all the local Metlifecare villages offering free weekly fees for one year was bad enough...and this right in the middle of the supposed best time for selling, Spring.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/the-sands-village Ouch...I thought all the local Metlifecare villages offering free weekly fees for one year was bad enough...and this right in the middle of the supposed best time for selling, Spring.
    No such thing as a free lunch.
    Pretty common marketing now to create urgency & get buyers to act, rather than discounting the price, give 'free' rental/ subscription/fees etc & factoring them into the selling price.
    Everyone knows but still works.