sharetrader
Page 399 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 2993493893953963973983994004014024034094494998991399 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 19791

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Definitely, very encouraging. Some people lack patience but that’s probably understandable if they bought into the big ramp to $1.20 which means their break even might be a while away yet. Note how resilient the SP is despite all the recent market turmoil, it bodes very well for patient accumulation. Gltah
    The instos playing amongst themselves (churning) with the 95 million shares from the sell down helps support the price ....along with some insider support
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I find it hard to understand the people complaining about OCA not delivering enough "shareholder value". They are now listed for something like 3 years and delivered already (in average) more than 5% capital appreciation per year as well as a roughly similar sized dividend.

Attachment 10802

If we look at the so called gold standard in retirement villages - Ryman's share price flat lined for longer periods at a time than OCA is totally listed. Didn't they nevertheless deliver great shareholder value? I would think so ...

Attachment 10800

Just have a look how much "shareholder value" Ryman returned during the first three years it was listed. Jeez, what a dud ...

Note - generating shareholder value for long term investors means not controlling the daily / weekly / monthly SP jitter, but adding value to an organisation over decades. OCA started (as listed company) with lots of quite mediocre old people homes at outstanding sites but with lots of potential to turn them into top notch retirement villages. Doing so does take time - but I am sure the rewards will come.

I am happy to wait for that point in time and content with the average capital appreciation and dividend they pay me so far for waiting.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-10-2019 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added OCA chart
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Definitely, very encouraging. Some people lack patience but that’s probably understandable if they bought into the big ramp to $1.20 which means their break even might be a while away yet. Note how resilient the SP is despite all the recent market turmoil, it bodes very well for patient accumulation. Gltah

Regarding market turmoil resilience, the 50 index is up around 26% YTD and OCA is down 4%... and the top 50 index (Gross) is less than 2% of all time highs.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I find it hard to understand the people complaining about OCA not delivering enough "shareholder value". They are now listed for something like 3 years and delivered already (in average) more than 5% capital appreciation per year as well as a roughly similar sized dividend.

Attachment 10802

If we look at the so called gold standard in retirement villages - Ryman's share price flat lined for longer periods at a time than OCA is totally listed. Didn't they nevertheless deliver great shareholder value? I would think so ...

Attachment 10800

Just have a look how much "shareholder value" Ryman returned during the first three years it was listed. Jeez, what a dud ...

Note - generating shareholder value for long term investors means not controlling the daily / weekly / monthly SP jitter, but adding value to an organisation over decades. OCA started (as listed company) with lots of quite mediocre old people homes at outstanding sites but with lots of potential to turn them into top notch retirement villages. Doing so does take time - but I am sure the rewards will come.

I am happy to wait for that point in time and content with the average capital appreciation and dividend they pay me so far for waiting.
    Excellent post and find that everyone wants unrealistic gains quickly all the time with this share. I am happy with my holding and find people just need to be patient with this share

The stock has been very flat lately and fair enough because the result was of the same nature. Ofcourse its perplexing because some 'solid' stocks have done nothing of note and rocketed up because of their reputation as safe haven stocks (AIA for example). OCA don't get that kind of luxury due to their unknown namesake in the market place.

While I like where this one is going, and the future is bright from what they have indicated. I think that this FY they will have to deliver some promising results or prospective and/or current shareholders will start to get a bit restless. I believe their core competency has been on delivering units on time and on budget which is no easy feat, the care side as a whole has yet to hit critical mass in this country. Building units is great, but you can't sell a good secret and getting them sold is the next hurdle.

I'm not 100% sure on their marketing, and the deep discount of no fees for two years is a bit suspicious. I need to see some solid numbers to validate the good work they seem to be doing.

Disc: Hold a small parcel but willing to accumulate based on how they go at HY.

Banned

The inability to date to control spending coupled with the Macca overhang means there are two giant sized elephants in the room, this coupled with a large number of recirculating shares from the last Macca peanut offload equals a very stagnant share price with no immediate reason for any lasting increase to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The inability to date to control spending coupled with the Macca overhang means there are two giant sized elephants in the room, this coupled with a large number of recirculating shares from the last Macca peanut offload equals a very stagnant share price with no immediate reason for any lasting increase to occur.
    .......but long (long) term a bonza of an investment eh Couts

But punters should note your comment re no immediate reason for any lasting increase to occur.

Makes you wonder where share price might be today without that recirculating / churning of shares from the last sell down. I hazard a guess manybdont appreciate theveffect that is having.

Guru

https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/...k_cube_300x600

Oh dear, I found another village being advertised to me whilst on Newshub with No weekly fees for 2 years... I am to worried to look at any more OCA villages to see if there are any more that have this promo.
    What is worse is both of the villages I have seen (The Sands and Meadowbank) are suppose to be really flash, high margin sort of stuff (both with 2 bedrooms starting at $850k) and yet they obviously aren't selling very well, otherwise they wouldn't be giving away $15,000 or so in free weekly fees.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Oh dear, I found another village being advertised to me whilst on Newshub with No weekly fees for 2 years... I am to worried to look at any more OCA villages to see if there are any more that have this promo.
    What is worse is both of the villages I have seen (The Sands and Meadowbank) are suppose to be really flash, high margin sort of stuff (both with 2 bedrooms starting at $850k) and yet they obviously aren't selling very well, otherwise they wouldn't be giving away $15,000 or so in free weekly fees.
    Probably built the $15k into the advertised price mate

No worries here mate

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

$15k in $850k are a 1.7% discount. Jeez, times must be really tough if business needs to resort to such huge discounts, wouldn't you say so? Must be time to run for the hills ...

Or maybe just time for some poster to do their marketing 101 homework ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)