sharetrader
Page 407 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3073573974034044054064074084094104114174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 19773
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    And then ask yourself how many you feel comfortable loading up on while the price is reasonable.
    If I had a big holding still I'd be doing the opposite at $1.16 and cashing up a few chips.

No investor in the world gets every single call right. Many professionals consider they've done well if they get 7 out of 10 investment decisions right, (I'm much harder on my self) and expect at least 8 out of 10 right, preferably 9.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-12-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

My biggest holding is OCA and it is having a beauty of a run. Long may it continue as this is one of my longterm holding assets. I may sell down some of the longterm hold portfolio, if it is massively out of balance. That should be a while away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    My biggest holding is OCA and it is having a beauty of a run. Long may it continue as this is one of my longterm holding assets. I may sell down some of the longterm hold portfolio, if it is massively out of balance. That should be a while away.
    One of my biggest too, and after that strong close, the sell side does look pretty thin right now.

Advanced Member

Classic case of a high tide lifting all boats?

The Retirement sector 'boats' are doing well but there are still a few on the NZX that will not rise.

Patience is required, the stock will rise eventually if they can show their competencies over a period of time. You can compare to SUM or RYM but keep in mind those stocks have proven themselves to us over a long period of time consistently. I have a small position that I'd like to add onto but I need to see more.

If you are truly long term, you should be okay with getting in at $1.02 or $1.32 for example. If you are holding long term then one day its going to be worth lets say in excess of $5.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    baa Baa ! I have a friend out there. I think there will soon be many more.

I am always about fundamentals and value so am completely comfortable paitiently waiting for OCAs time to come,but I actually think that catch up is finally starting to happen.
    The sell orders are really getting thin now. I've seen this pattern before with the other retirement stocks before they have shot off.

As I have said earlier , it needs to go to $1.30 just to catch up inline with its peers. Then add a very solid result in January and $1.12 will seem very cheap.
    Hey Maverick, we're all in this together. We're not blind to the short-medium term challenges and I think you'll find that the silent majority here have a more optimistic and longer term horizon than the vocal few, albeit they're certainly correct imo about the recent present and perhaps into the medium term view. I don't mind the constant reminders of our folly, real or not. I say not.

The only thing I sincerely disagree with the cautionary non-holders about, as I have laid out previously, is fear of the Macca "overhang". I won't bother repeating the detail, my assessment is documented here. I have no fear of it, or the consequence of their eventual exit, imho it will be orderly, off-market and not price affective.

OCA has presented a perfect opportunity for my needs, as not all of us can lob a few 10's or 100's of k$ into a stock in one go, so being a prolonged suppressed SP has enabled me to accumulate a decent prudent portfolio holding positioning for the future. I feel content having a holding that is in the black already that I have no intention of selling, and having one of the few of my selections that I can honestly consider as a value play.

All the best, the future is ours and our fellow shareholders to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Patience is required, the stock will rise eventually if they can show their competencies over a period of time. You can compare to SUM or RYM but keep in mind those stocks have proven themselves to us over a long period of time consistently. I have a small position that I'd like to add onto but I need to see more.

If you are truly long term, you should be okay with getting in at $1.02 or $1.32 for example. If you are holding long term then one day its going to be worth lets say in excess of $5.
    This is very well said. They have much to prove as a very young company on the NZX. I will need to see evidence they can stop the decline in profitability in their core care operations which account for about 80% of their current business model. Disciplined cost control and efficient management of the care operations is essential to profit growth.

As for a rising tide lifts all boats, that from experience is unfortunately not true. If they have leaks in them they don't rise as much as others. A good tough skipper also helps a lot and one wonders if Earl Gasparich is simply too nice... Having a ton of weight on this from a resident elephant is also weighing it down. Fix the leaks and get rid of the elephant, (which will take time), and it should be a good performer.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-12-2019 at 10:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Well most of shareholders were betrayed by Macquarie last time...? Isnt it....