sharetrader
Page 408 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 3083583984044054064074084094104114124184585089081408 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 19788

If MET sales goes ahead Tthe NZ Superfund would have enough cash to help Macca out - assuming they will keep that cash in the sector

Like selling out of one dog and buying into another dog ....and hoping it’ll be OK

Wonder if this is behind the sudden spurt in the OCA share price .....and if it goes above $1.20 Macca offering a discount might still be OK for them
    Last edited by winner69; 19-12-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Up another 3 cents already, to $1.18 ... keep going you good thing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Up another 3 cents already, to $1.18 ... keep going you good thing
    Definately a sell signal for those looking to lighten up.

yes, happy christmas to me! I'll gladly reduce my holding and take a holiday somewhere fancy

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

I've got a question for the seniors here who have worked inside corporate life (like you Winner)

OCA has shot up so quick on no news. Yes yes , lots of catch up to happen and still way under valued IMO but the speed has been breath taking. Now this is OCA we are talking about, It's almost famous for being so boringly flat.(check out the SP graph for the last year)
    Soooo , my question .....is it a likely scenario that the fellas doing the HY 1 results right now (the period finished end on November and due out end of next month) have spilled the beans on a really good upcoming result? I personally am anticipating it to be a 30 % profit increase YOY.
    if my calcs are in fact correct on the big jump in profit, then is a leak possible or no way that actually happens here?
    I am ignorant on this , while it's seems likely to me leaks happen, I know the penalties are very harsh in NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I've got a question for the seniors here who have worked inside corporate life (like you Winner)

OCA has shot up so quick on no news. Yes yes , lots of catch up to happen and still way under valued IMO but the speed has been breath taking. Now this is OCA we are talking about, It's almost famous for being so boringly flat.(check out the SP graph for the last year)
    Soooo , my question .....is it a likely scenario that the fellas doing the HY 1 results right now (the period finished end on November and due out end of next month) have spilled the beans on a really good upcoming result? I personally am anticipating it to be a 30 % profit increase YOY.
    if my calcs are in fact correct on the big jump in profit, then is a leak possible or no way that actually happens here?
    I am ignorant on this , while it's seems likely to me leaks happen, I know the penalties are very harsh in NZ.
    They have had a good run on back of Metlife just as have ARV

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

More a case of buy the rumour sell the fact if the results dont measure up to the expected outcome.

the rally in retirement stocks is largely thanks to the RBNZ 50 point cut in interest rates
    one step ahead of the herd

Sure has been a sudden burst in the share price eh Maverick

You ask why

Responses have covered 1) sector in favour (rising tides etc) but OCA a bit late to the party and 2) anticipation of a boomer half year result (Couts buy the rumour, sell the fact) but usually such behaviour is closer to the announcement and not a month out.

Those 2 factors have no doubt played a part but I have the feeling that it’s related to what Couta has been on about how funds recycling shares are also how Macca is playing the market. Price action now vaguely similar in the leadup to the last sell Macca sell down. Watch this space.

But then again it might just be private equity taking a stake before launching a takeover.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

What private equity takeover..winner? I hope not.... otherwise All NZX companies will be taken out n we have no NZ companies