sharetrader
Page 411 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3113614014074084094104114124134144154214615119111411 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 19773
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    There’s a few on here that go with the wind, within 12 months, OCA is the best thing since sliced bread, then it’s crap then back to it being the bees kneez. SUM was the best business of them all, then they can’t sell stock they built, now they going to be worth a gazzillion dollars a share in the next 12 months. MET and ARV never in the race, now they are...
    You guys should quit it aye, there are some young traders on here that will believe the nonesense that is put out because they don’t know how to DYOR. So please think about them when you put out “cr@p”.
    Thank you for your feedback LAC.

It's a shame you didn't make yourself known to us at the SUM (WTG) or OCA AGM's (AKLD) Even though Winner, Beagle , Couta, Goose,Artemis ,Forrest,John B, and myself bothered to show up.(mostly from out of town)
    Perhaps your post makes more sense if you where serving at McMurdo Antarctic base camp during 2019 and missed the thing that property in Aussy/ Auckland was about to crash but then came right . Maybe the inverted 3yr/10 yr USAyield curve thing that predicts global crashes went from "OMG its all over" to "nobody cares anymore" happened while you were down there.
    My point is , there are good guys out there putting in lots of effort to offer well researched opinions at no cost to you. Investing is an environment that is constantly changing and so should the opinions that go with it. I applaud anyone who can change their stance to go with a new situation as they see it.
    Maybe the newbies here who don't bother doing their own research should pay some real money to some guy in fancy suit who can speak smooth words to them as to where to spread their investments.( Can't go wrong with that)

Just remind me again LAC of your researched contributions, I seem to have forgotten them.
    Last edited by Maverick; 22-12-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Great post mate. All communication must have been down all year at McMurdo Antarctic base too

One thing I think we can all agree on is that prospects for 2020 in this sector look very good so I hope everyone has a fulsome allocation to the retirement sector and does really well.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-12-2019 at 11:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Probably best if everybody remembers that this is a chat site and the only post you should take any notice of is this one telling you not to take notice of anything posted on this site.

Hope everybody had a happy solstice.
    om mani peme hum

Right on Maverick. Merry Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

Maybe the newbies here who don't bother doing their own research should pay some real money to some guy in fancy suit who can speak smooth words to them as to where to spread their investments.( Can't go wrong with that)

Those that also wear those clear glasses to make them look a lot smarter are pretty good value I’m told ....even more so if they love Taylor Swift
    Last edited by winner69; 23-12-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    There’s a few on here that go with the wind, within 12 months, OCA is the best thing since sliced bread, then it’s crap then back to it being the bees kneez. SUM was the best business of them all, then they can’t sell stock they built, now they going to be worth a gazzillion dollars a share in the next 12 months. MET and ARV never in the race, now they are...
    You guys should quit it aye, there are some young traders on here that will believe the nonesense that is put out because they don’t know how to DYOR. So please think about them when you put out “cr@p”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Probably best if everybody remembers that this is a chat site and the only post you should take any notice of is this one telling you not to take notice of anything posted on this site.

Hope everybody had a happy solstice.
    Well, I learned a lot about investing on forums like this one, and while it is true that some posters contribute mainly white (or biased) noise, there are plenty of useful contributions which I use as input to further research and which helped me to become a better investor.

A forum like that is like the chat around a water cooler in a company ... you can bounce ideas and get often unexpected input - and most importantly you get different views to your own, which can help to at least recognize ones own biases.

So - I would not go that for to recommend not to take notice of any of the posts here, but it certainly is not a good idea to use any of them as a guaranteed prediction of the future. Its horses for courses - and some of the stuff here is useful to justify some further investigation (DYOR). However buying or selling just based on some others posters views is lunacy, nearly as bad as afterwards complaining if the alleged or perceived predictions didn't eventuate.

Anyway - PT caught me with the "happy solstice", but he is right (as often) - it does lie already in the past. Anyway - our forebears used to celebrate only after the event (when they noticed that the days in the northern hemisphere are getting longer again), and so there is still time to wish everybody a Merry Christmas.

Some of you rock ... thanks for helping to make this an interesting place!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, I learned a lot about investing on forums like this one, and while it is true that some posters contribute mainly white (or biased) noise, there are plenty of useful contributions which I use as input to further research and which helped me to become a better investor.

A forum like that is like the chat around a water cooler in a company ... you can bounce ideas and get often unexpected input - and most importantly you get different views to your own, which can help to at least recognize ones own biases.

So - I would not go that for to recommend not to take notice of any of the posts here, but it certainly is not a good idea to use any of them as a guaranteed prediction of the future. Its horses for courses - and some of the stuff here is useful to justify some further investigation (DYOR). However buying or selling just based on some others posters views is lunacy, nearly as bad as afterwards complaining if the alleged or perceived predictions didn't eventuate.

Anyway - PT caught me with the "happy solstice", but he is right (as often) - it does lie already in the past. Anyway - our forebears used to celebrate only after the event (when they noticed that the days in the northern hemisphere are getting longer again), and so there is still time to wish everybody a Merry Christmas.

Some of you rock ... thanks for helping to make this an interesting place!
    You rock too BlackPeter ...Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and may 2020 see continued big investment returns while enjoying life.

Someone lite a fire under OCA today. People thinking some funds from the MET takeover might get reinvested in OCA ? Quite likely in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

It's a shame you didn't make yourself known to us at the SUM (WTG) or OCA AGM's (AKLD) Even though Winner, Beagle , Couta, Goose,Artemis ,Forrest,John B, and myself bothered to show up.(mostly from out of town)
    Perhaps your post makes more sense if you where serving at McMurdo Antarctic base camp during 2019 and missed the thing that property in Aussy/ Auckland was about to crash but then came right . Maybe the inverted 3yr/10 yr USAyield curve thing that predicts global crashes went from "OMG its all over" to "nobody cares anymore" happened while you were down there.
    My point is , there are good guys out there putting in lots of effort to offer well researched opinions at no cost to you. Investing is an environment that is constantly changing and so should the opinions that go with it. I applaud anyone who can change their stance to go with a new situation as they see it.

Just remind me again LAC of your researched contributions, I seem to have forgotten them.
    I totally agree that there are good guys on here, however there are some that post with no research (no real research, just numbers out the air), when they see the SP head north. And there are some that post with great research and the numbers make a lot of sense. All I am saying is that if you are posting for your own benefit then please think about those actions.
    My contributions are minimal on here, I mainly post when I take a position in a stock or respond to annual results/announcements. I am no accountant for sure, just look at long term businesses to invest in hence I only post when I am in or out of something and others can research why
    I was posted out of NZ most of 2019 so I missed more than just the retirement AGM's this year.
    Disc: 55% of my portfolio is in SUM and 15% in OCA, was accumulating when all the negatives were being posted about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Someone lite a fire under OCA today. People thinking some funds from the MET takeover might get reinvested in OCA ? Quite likely in my opinion.
    Don’t forget NZ Super 20% of MET will buy Macca’s share OCA

Win win around

CANT HAVE ENOUGH OCA is the war cry