sharetrader
Page 412 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 3123624024084094104114124134144154164224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 19782

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t forget NZ Super 20% of MET will buy Macca’s share OCA

Win win around

CANT HAVE ENOUGH OCA is the war cry
    It certainly was a year ago lol. Best wishes to Maverick, I know he has HEAPS and he's a good bloke and does his absolute best to share the insights he has.
    I admire people who with no formal investment analysis training who do there very best to learn new skills and share their knowledge and analysis freely on here.

$1.21 now, I'm very happy for Maverick and other holders.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It certainly was a year ago lol. Best wishes to Maverick, I know he has HEAPS and he's a good bloke and does his absolute best to share the insights he has.
    I admire people who with no formal investment analysis training who do there very best to learn new skills and share their knowledge and analysis freely on here.

$1.21 now, I'm very happy for Maverick and other holders.
    Yes well done to the dogged patient such as Mav, I've been fortunate enough to be in the same position with HLG/A2 and most of all BAL this year, staying the course and following your Gutometer no matter what others say is the way to go.

Membaa

Echoing the best wishes to Mav for staying the course. Even those folks who bought the highs, with the unexpected dividend and who didn't sell, should be back in the black now.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Echoing the best wishes to Mav for staying the course. Even those folks who bought the highs, with the unexpected dividend and who didn't sell, should be back in the black now.

I bought most of mine a year ago around $1.17 with the OCA battle cry ringing in my ears and had actually put my large shareholding on sale at $1.18 to lighten up and move elsewhere but something made me change my mind and the order was cancelled. Now at $1.22 I have a grateful heart (which goes with the time of year!) so I think I'll hold for now and see if this sentiment swing continues into the new year. While I'm trying to do my own analysis, I 'm certainly no accountant, but I am learning fast, particularly from one or two big mistakes that Beagle helped put me right on, so Merry Christmas all and let's see what the new year brings...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

All good on the western front

Hope the upcoming half year result isn’t another one of selling heaps more units and making stuff all extra profit.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    I bought most of mine a year ago around $1.17 with the OCA battle cry ringing in my ears and had actually put my large shareholding on sale at $1.18 to lighten up and move elsewhere but something made me change my mind and the order was cancelled. Now at $1.22 I have a grateful heart (which goes with the time of year!) so I think I'll hold for now and see if this sentiment swing continues into the new year. While I'm trying to do my own analysis, I 'm certainly no accountant, but I am learning fast, particularly from one or two big mistakes that Beagle helped put me right on, so Merry Christmas all and let's see what the new year brings...
    You could cover both bases by selling half at current price and see what the result brings.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All good on the western front

Hope the upcoming half year result isn’t another one of selling heaps more units and making stuff all extra profit.
    Hope they simplify their financial statements and focus on underlying profit. They could learn a LOT from reading RYM's statements to the NZX. Always starts off with the key facts of how much underlying profit has grown.

If Earl's kicks off the announcement with how much they've invested in their staff and systems...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You could cover both bases by selling half at current price and see what the result brings.
    Or you could ride the current uptrend until it turns down. I am.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Or you could ride the current uptrend until it turns down. I am.

Looks topped at $1.23 and until the result is known a gift horse shouldnt be turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looks topped at $1.23 and until the result is known a gift horse shouldnt be turned away.
    Pretty sure that's where it maxed out last time before shortly afterwards Macca's flooded the market with as many shares as they could.
    For me its a case of once bitten twice shy with this one. Hasn't been a very productive hunting ground for this dog. Lot of effort for minimal eating.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2019 at 02:15 PM.