sharetrader
Page 413 of 1990 FirstFirst ... 3133634034094104114124134144154164174234635139131413 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 19893
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Pretty sure that's where it maxed out last time before shortly afterwards Macca's flooded the market with as many shares as they could.
    For me its a case of once bitten twice shy with this one. Hasn't been a very productive hunting ground for this dog. Lot of effort for minimal eating.
    Yep and those peanuts Macca spits out hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep and those peanuts Macca spits out hurt.
    LOL I have a simple rule with this one. Elephants are much bigger than Beagle's so I stay out of their way in case I get trodden on
    Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Macquarie taking over MET !
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

LOL I have a simple rule with this one. Elephants are much bigger than Beagle's so I stay out of their way in case I get trodden on
    Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Macquarie taking over MET !
    Stranger thinks have happened but if it turns out true I will be out of MET like a rat deserting a sinking ship, although it might be good for OCA holders if they merge the two companies.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Stranger thinks have happened but if it turns out true I will be out of MET like a rat deserting a sinking ship, although it might be good for OCA holders if they merge the two companies.
    What I was thinking.

Little immediate effect Baa Baa but by my reckoning those shares got recycled back into the market and effectively there was what amounted to an oversupply issue.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

What I was thinking.

Little immediate effect Baa Baa but by my reckoning those shares got recycled back into the market and effectively there was what amounted to an oversupply issue.
    The eventual recycling capped the price IMO, the trading pattern was clear to me.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Wow, just wow! What a day.
    i really appreciate the kind thoughts guys. The thing I really like about making money on shares is that it doesnt come at the expense of someone else. Everyone can win.

Congratulations to everyone in the sector today whatever team/s you're on. Days like today don't come around very often.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    i really appreciate the kind thoughts guys. The thing I really like about making money on shares is that it doesnt come at the expense of someone else. Everyone can win.

Congratulations to everyone in the sector today whatever team/s you're on. Days like today don't come around very often.
    I agree. Thank goodness I own loads of shares in the entire sector and am happy to watch them
    All fly. Have a merry Christmas maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

It is very cool. Reminds me what its like to be a kid again at Christmas time and that's a feeling that's very pleasant to recapture. I am certainly really looking forward to opening my MET Christmas present on 27 December. The best presents are the one's you give yourself If its a good strong bid that's going to go through I think there will be considerable further momentum in the whole sector as MET investors redeploy their takeover cash and others in a position to buy in ahead of the takeover payout do so in anticipation of further momentum.

And yet OCA is still trading at only half the PE and twice the dividend of MET. #cheapaschips