sharetrader
Page 423 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3233734134194204214224234244254264274334735239231423 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 19773

Does Earl Gasparich have charisma

Asking for a friend ......as he feels it has some bearing on the value of Oceania
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Asking for a friend ......as he feels it has some bearing on the value of Oceania
    Certainly does.
    And a very approachable and easy to talk to person,who gives clear straight answers to your questions.
    In the Mainfreight Don Baird mold.
    Last edited by percy; 13-01-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

I think he does and he's certainly a very good presenter. All I spoke too at the N.Z. shareholders association after his presentation there were impressed with him, as was I.
    His focus is on providing the very best standards of care for residents...which is fabulous. Julian Cook has a harder commercial edge to him that as a shareholder I strongly prefer.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Certainly does.
    And a very approachable and easy to talk to person,who gives clear straight answers to your questions.
    No. They threw the mold away after making the Don.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Julian Cook has a harder commercial edge to him that as a shareholder I strongly prefer.

Hmm..what like the Boeing CEO! lol

Certainly does.
    The future is what is important and that is determined by the demand for the product or service and the ability of the directors and management. The future demand appears to be almost certain but the jury is still out on the ability side. Straight talking is a good indication. Charisma not so important. Charisma can hide a heap of incompetence and often does.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    The future is what is important and that is determined by the demand for the product or service and the ability of the directors and management. The future demand appears to be almost certain but the jury is still out on the ability side. Straight talking is a good indication. Charisma not so important. Charisma can hide a heap of incompetence and often does.
    My friend had just read a paper (god bless his soul) that concluded ‘Our findings suggest that more extraverted CEOs may actually be less effective at managing risk and creating value than their more introverted counterparts.’

Spose a lot depends on how one defines extraverts and introverts but a Earl v Julian study could be interesting.
    Last edited by winner69; 13-01-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I always found that interviewing people for engineering and factory production positions was difficult because the people that could talk well and present themselves well were often relying on those skills to get them through life and the important skills ie the skills we were looking for were often lacking. A friend of mine in Human Resources for an international company said that her experience in hiring people was that no matter how hard she tried it really amounted to the toss of a dice.

percy

Two people who have influenced me, have both had the ability to explain very complex things in very simple terms.
    One was co-founder of Jade, the other was CEO of NZIERinc.
    I think very successful CEOs,Don Baird of Mainfreight,Mark Waller at Ebos,and others,have the same abilities.Know the direction their business should go,and get all of their staff onboard and go for it."Ready,Fire,Aim".

Two people who have influenced me, have both had the ability to explain very complex things in very simple terms.
    One was co-founder of Jade, the other was CEO of NZIERinc.
    I think very successful CEOs,Don Baird of Mainfreight,Mark Waller at Ebos,and others,have the same abilities.Know the direction their business should go,and get all of their staff onboard and go for it."Ready,Fire,Aim".
    Yes if you can explain complex things in simple terms you really know your stuff.