sharetrader
Page 424 of 1981 FirstFirst ... 3243744144204214224234244254264274284344745249241424 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 19805
    Advanced Member

One of the compelling reasons I liked (for investment) about OCA, was the obvious pride any of the OCA staff I've had contact with have in their company, the standard of care, awards etc.
    Am sure they can't all be like this but the staff I've talked to at a couple of locations have a real sense of ownership & pride in their company & with that comes a dedication which can't be bought. They will go the extra mile even after their shift may have finished or 'it's someone else's job to do that'.
    I haven't esp noticed the same with other companies in this sector though expect RYM would be similar.
    Looking to the future, people skills are more important than ever. 'Everything' else will be done by algorithms & AI.
    Combine a well run company with the ability of visionary charismatic CEO to inspire & take people above & beyond the mediocre & to give them a real sense of making a difference is a winning formula in my book.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You cannot find a harder one to understand than OCA, that much is absolutely cast iron guaranteed, Snoopy. Start with SUM, considerably easier to understand and quite possibly a more profitable exercise for you. The barking was pretty intense on SUM mid year at ~ $5.50 and later in 2019 with MET at ~ $4.50. You don't always have to be the lead Beagle on the hunt mate
    Posters may find www.aaml.co.nz December newsletter interesting where they compare RYM's and SUM's future projections,and their comments on MET.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    One of the compelling reasons I liked (for investment) about OCA, was the obvious pride any of the OCA staff I've had contact with have in their company, the standard of care, awards etc.
    Am sure they can't all be like this but the staff I've talked to at a couple of locations have a real sense of ownership & pride in their company & with that comes a dedication which can't be bought. They will go the extra mile even after their shift may have finished or 'it's someone else's job to do that'.
    I haven't esp noticed the same with other companies in this sector though expect RYM would be similar.
    Looking to the future, people skills are more important than ever. 'Everything' else will be done by algorithms & AI.
    Combine a well run company with the ability of visionary charismatic CEO to inspire & take people above & beyond the mediocre & to give them a real sense of making a difference is a winning formula in my book.
    You are so right .
    Residents do so much better with caring staff .
    Caring staff will be attracted to a caring company

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Posters may find www.aaml.co.nz December newsletter interesting where they compare RYM's and SUM's future projections,and their comments on MET.
    Thanks Percy. Kingfish also own less by value of RYM than SUM despite the former having a market cap of several time's the latter.
    Investors are paying a PEG ratio of 2.5 for RYM which is far too rich for me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    You are so right .
    Residents do so much better with caring staff .
    Caring staff will be attracted to a caring company
    You must have ARV shares then? They have better staff engagement on almost every comparison than OCA...
    And nowhere near as many bigwigs as OCA has... management of ARV far more 'connected' to those on the ground than those at OCA they say

I really have got to stop bringing ARV into everything... they are just so good in many areas these days it is so hard to ignore... yet sharetrader does an excellent job of doing just that... OCA has 4x more views and replies, yet been listed for half the time ARV has, and produced (arguably) worse results and less of that famed 'track record' stuff
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-01-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You must have ARV shares then? They have better staff engagement on almost every comparison than OCA...
    And nowhere near as many bigwigs as OCA has... management of ARV far more 'connected' to those on the ground than those at OCA they say

I really have got to stop bringing ARV into everything... they are just so good in many areas these days it is so hard to ignore... yet sharetrader does an excellent job of doing just that... OCA has 4x more views and replies, yet been listed for half the time ARV has, and produced (arguably) worse results and less of that famed 'track record' stuff
    What's your evidence for these claims TJ? I own OCA and SUM and would like to know more about ARV.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    What's your evidence for these claims TJ? I own OCA and SUM and would like to know more about ARV.
    Dave - just read Arvida shareholder presentations and Annual Reports and you’ll see what tj is getting at
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    I'll let you find it in the annual report as ultimately there is alot of talk on both, but here is some cold hard numbers for a direct comparison for ya:

Net promoter scores for FY19:
    ARV: 58: Village residents (up from 52 FY18), 51: Care residents (no change)
    OCA: 56: Village residents (up from 43 in FY18), 32: Care residents (down from 33 in FY18)

Staff engagement for FY19:
    ARV: 78%
    OCA: 61%

Hence when you were talking about standard of care etc (all very important things I too have talked about) I thought you would certainly have ARV shares given they are actually suprioer to OCA in alot (possibly all?) areas, they just get on and do it and don't bother having an interview ("Q&A") at a coffee shop with the guy at the top.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-01-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I'll let you find it in the annual report as ultimately there is alot of talk on both, but here is some cold hard numbers for a direct comparison for ya:

Net promoter scores for FY19:
    ARV: 58: Village residents (up from 52 FY18), 51: Care residents (no change)
    OCA: 56: Village residents (up from 43 in FY18), 32: Care residents (down from 33 in FY18)

Staff engagement for FY19:
    ARV: 78%
    OCA: 61%

Hence when you were talking about standard of care etc (all very important things I too have talked about) I thought you would certainly have ARV shares given the huge difference in NPS score for their care rating vs OCA's... hope that has cleared thing up for you.
    Thanks very much TJ. Really appreciated...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Guru

Kind of also interesting to see the pay... ARV, which is over 25% bigger by market cap than OCA right now had a CEO earned 10% less than the CEO at OCA, and last year (FY18) he earned over $100k more than the guy at ARV... OCA also had 7 more people in the 6 figure range than ARV... anyhow, yea always a bit more interesting when you read past the thread, past the interviews and past the hot air.

At the end of the day, ARV is a much bigger company, with less 'big wigs', a better NPS and a higher staff engagement than OCA... and who knows, some of this stuff might change (for better or worse) after the big acquisition late last year... Anyway, I'll shut up with the comparisons for the rest of the day at least ,
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-01-2020 at 07:18 PM.