sharetrader
Page 425 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 3253754154214224234244254264274284294354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 19788

Hey tj - I’m always impressed when Arvida report 96% staff give their best everyday ...not perfect but pretty damned good I reckon ........probably a few millennials let the team down
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Did he simply get sick and tired of the board and management not understanding the need for proper financial disciplines ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Reading up Brent Pattison's CV I think The Beagle is going to be really challenged reading OCA's future accounts.
    May be a case of "an old dog having to learn new tricks."
    Off course The Beagle will receive clear helpful independent guidance from TJ......................lol.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Did he simply get sick and tired of the board and management not understanding the need for proper financial disciplines ?
    There have been so many resignations in many different companies this week. I would believe New Year means new plans category.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Reading up Brent Pattison's CV I think The Beagle is going to be really challenged reading OCA's future accounts.
    May be a case of "an old dog having to learn new tricks."
    Off course The Beagle will receive clear helpful independent guidance from TJ......................lol.
    LOL. They do my head in already but I think I'll pass on assistance from t.j.
    Happy to listen to Mav and our other newly arrived bright spark
    Macquarie probably hoping Brent can dig them out of their intransigent position and must be licking their chops with the prospect of ~ $1.5 Billion being released for reinvestment with the pending takeover of MET.

2020 is shaping up as likely to be the year Macquarie do a massive placement to exit their stake in OCA. Wonder what discount to the market price this will be done at and how many of those shares find their way back onto the market over and over again like last time ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Interesting that they highlight the new guy's experience in mergers, acquisitions and takeovers.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Interesting that they highlight the new guy's experience in mergers, acquisitions and takeovers.
    Yeah running a tightly disciplined operation isn't sexy...so best to jazz it up a bit
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...068/315202.pdf

Beagle - in reply to you post that seems to have gone

NZ Superfund could take just under half of Macca’s lot easy peasy in a few months

Probably would see a far greater future return from Oceania than they would ever have got from MET
    Last edited by winner69; 14-01-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Who knows? But ten years in a senior job with one company must be some sort of record these days!