sharetrader
Page 437 of 1988 FirstFirst ... 3373874274334344354364374384394404414474875379371437 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 19872

Mention of money go rounds the Kinks had a cool song The Moneygoround from the Lola v Powerman album.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kink...eygoround.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Well spotted, SUM was 9.27 last Friday & finished at 8.93 on Tuesday down over 3.5%.

And RYM hit 16.65 before dropping as low as 16.23 before recovering somewhat to finish 16.41.

I feel sure market seemed happy on Friday with OCA half year result, never takes long to react if any real surprises.

Personally would think retirement sector might be a safe haven for a bit of money coming out of AIR, AIA, THL, CVT etc over coming weeks & hopefully see a healthy bounce back.
    I am not so sure. A lot of wealthy movers and shakers were still away on holiday last week and on Monday the market was closed with Auckland anniversary day and the Australian market with Australia day. I think its telling that the first day back for many of those people the shares are down from $1.32 before the result to $1.25, down 5.4%, more than the rest of the sector. Time will tell. One point I do agree with you on is that there are a lot more risky stocks including the ones you mentioned, than the retirement sector which by and large is a needs or lifestyle based business.

Just on the lifestyle v needs thing, much is made that OCA is more a needs based decision but I can't help wondering with loneliness being so prevalent with old folks, especially those who have lost their partners, whether many people who buy an independent living unit at one of the other retirement companies aren't in effect trying to meet their core need of companionship and camaraderie. What do you folks think ? This might be an interesting point of debate ?

Anyway...getting back to OCA, couple of interesting other points of difference between OCA and the others that might interest some of you.
    When Earl presented at the N.Z. shareholders association Auckland branch meeting he made it clear that OCA are quite different to the others in that they're not running a "cruise ship" style resort. I was reminded of this the other day when I got a glossy flyer with the Herald marketing Everill Orr so I decided to have a look at what they do offer https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/...veril-orr-care

Notably absent from a lifestyle perspective is what you typically find at many of the competing villages, a swimming pool and spa area and a bowling green.
    No 90 day guaranteed free look, so if you move in and don't like it, you're stuck and they are very coy about mentioning their 30% DMF fee which I understand is incurred at 10% per year or part year thereof, which I believe is the fastest in the industry. Just thought others might be interested in the difference with their business model...not bashing OCA. I think it is a very nice thing that they have a Chaplin available there. I think RYM also have small Churches within many of their villages too. SUM other companies need to lift their game in that regard.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-01-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Either Oceania caught the virus ..or Macca unloading another pile of shares

Be funny if a takeover offer from Summerset

Wonder what it could be.

IMO

Trading halt in Oceania Healthcare Limited shares

Underwritten selldown of up to all OHHL(41 odd%)shares in oceania

Think we knew that could be happening. Question is how it will affect the share price

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Trading halt in Oceania Healthcare Limited shares

Underwritten selldown of up to all OHHL(41 odd%)shares in oceania
    The overhang to go ...whoopee

The big end of town to get first dibs at the cheap (?) shares

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Think we knew that could be happening. Question is how it will affect the share price
    What do you think will happen diownz

Banned

Who is OHHL winner?