sharetrader
Page 444 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 3443944344404414424434444454464474484544945449441444 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 19735
    Banned

Well....done..n dusted...$1.20...not even offered to all of u guys!

Last time Macquarie sold down the share price jumped more than 10 cents

Probably happen again

The big over hang gone ...good stuff

Might see 150 by Easter
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Probably happen again

Might see 150 by Easter
    Nice upramping winner or is it just wishful thinking, Maccas gone but the cost control issues remain. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Probably happen again

Might see 150 by Easter
    At the very least it should put a firm SP floor at the $1.20+ level. That is a nice lift from the $1.00 to $1.10 channel it was stuck in for so long.

In contrast to the opinion of many on this forum that the SP ought be be much lower, the successful book build has demonstrated that there is demand for the shares at $1.20+.

The market has decided.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nice upramping winner or is it just wishful thinking, Maccas gone but the cost control issues remain. Lol

With all this chat around cost control issues, predominantly related to the care side of OCA's business, does anyone know how they stack up against the others in the Sector who provide the same level of care services (ARV or RYM?) The rhetoric seems that OCA spend $1.5 for every $1 that the others do on care services.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Well....done..n dusted...$1.20...not even offered to all of u guys!
    Read the announcements - I suspect that the underwriters have been left with stock.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Good morning folks,

Please accept my sincere apology. I misinterpreted the treatment of deferred tax in the accounts, a simple mistake, (not that anything to do with this matter is simple), but I was rushed and have concerns about the coronavirus and have made a number of adjustments to my portfolio. When I finally got a chance to have a decent look at the accounts yesterday I realised that the deferred tax had been taken out of underlying profit and underlying profit has indeed gone up 17% for the half year.

Winner pointed this out nicely to me the other day but I hadn't had the time to look at it myself and he also said the accounts are not easy to understand because they use 7 different terms for describing profit for the period. I'll take his word on that one. I was adjusting deferred tax from total comprehensive income to get to $15.8m.

I have edited quite a number of my posts since the result announcement to correct them but I still hold a number of reservations regarding OCA and have left those in the posts for anyone that's interested to go back and have a look.

The market has spoken and $1.20 is where its at. I am not a buyer at that level but good luck to holders and I will leave you in peace.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    With all this chat around cost control issues, predominantly related to the care side of OCA's business, does anyone know how they stack up against the others in the Sector who provide the same level of care services (ARV or RYM?) The rhetoric seems that OCA spend $1.5 for every $1 that the others do on care services.
    No tax is paid on property gains. Tax is paid on profits arising from running villages and care services. Tax not that straight forward but gives a feel for how profitable or not villages/care are.

So look at the reported tax expense to get a rough idea

ARV paid $0.7m tax in H1 sort of saying they made a few million from villages/care
    RYM paid $7.4m tax in H1 - maybe $25m profit from villages/care
    SUM got a small tax credit in H1 suggesting they sort of break even on villages / care
    OCA got a $8m tax credit in H1. Looking at their tax reconciliation it looks like they LOST $15m in six months on day to day running of villages and care facilities.

Rough and ready way of looking at it but I reckon a pretty good way
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good morning folks,

Please accept my sincere apology. I misinterpreted the treatment of deferred tax in the accounts, a simple mistake, (not that anything to do with this matter is simple), but I was rushed and have concerns about the coronavirus and have made a number of adjustments to my portfolio. When I finally got a chance to have a decent look at the accounts yesterday I realised that the deferred tax had been taken out of underlying profit and underlying profit has indeed gone up 17% for the half year.

Winner pointed this out nicely to me the other day but I hadn't had the time to look at it myself and he also said the accounts are not easy to understand because they use 7 different terms for describing profit for the period. I'll take his word on that one. I was adjusting deferred tax from total comprehensive income to get to $15.8m.

I have edited quite a number of my posts since the result announcement to correct them but I still hold a number of reservations regarding OCA and have left those in the posts for anyone that's interested to go back and have a look.

The market has spoken and $1.20 is where its at. I am not a buyer at that level but good luck to holders and I will leave you in peace.
    Thanks for coming out and eating some humble pie.

Never easy, but always appreciated - and hey, let he who is without fault throw the first stone.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good morning folks,

Your opinion is always appreciated anyway and great when your are incorrect to admit it.

Thanks Mr Beagle