sharetrader
Page 45 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

I bought day 1 at 81c then promptly went to 78c (often happens!) So sellers at 78 were under water you wonder why they bothered maybe no stag impatience who knows?

Gee - director's wife is buying a quarter of a million shares for 98 cents ... just wondering whether she talked with her husband before her shopping spree?

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/262906.pdf

Discl: holding, but slowly wondering, whether I am holding enough ?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 07-08-2017 at 10:49 AM. Reason: corrected the purchase price ... it was 98, not 99 cents
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Apologies if this sounds totally novice, how did she buy the shares? Was this done on the open market or privately(did hubby just transfer to her) because there's no trade for 250k shares on market depth. And how did she get them at 99c?

The trade was completed on the 1st of August. These disclosure notices aren't in real time

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Apologies if this sounds totally novice, how did she buy the shares? Was this done on the open market or privately(did hubby just transfer to her) because there's no trade for 250k shares on market depth. And how did she get them at 99c?
    Just read the announcement - she bought the shares on August 1st on market.

OCAsnip.JPG

closing price on August 1st was 98 cents - that's the price she bought at (edit: I originally stated 99 cents - my mistake))

BTW - volume was that day roughly 2 million shares - i.e. lots of headroom to accommodate for her 250000;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 07-08-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: corrected purchase price
    ----

Banned

Thank you guys I'm going to be asking a lot of questions at an extremely novice level as I'm slowly getting into investing - shares mainly, (bitcoins too, yea line up and smack the back of my head)

But its not been a good start as this morning the ASB share dealing site has a - Service Disruption - Trade Processing. Great timing. And only 266 shares available at 1.03 as I edit this. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Fatboyj; 07-08-2017 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Missing words.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just read the announcement - she bought the shares on August 1st on market.

OCAsnip.JPG

closing price on August 1st was 98 cents - i.e. she was quite keen

BTW - volume was that day roughly 2 million shares - i.e. lots of headroom to accommodate for her 250000;
    Oops - sometimes the inbuilt calculator makes small mistakes. She bought 250000 shares at $245000 - and this is obviously an average price of 98 cents (i.e. at closing price, not 99 cents as I first stated).

Mea culpa - should use the table calculator more often or practise these grey cells a bit more
    ----

(98, 99, $1.03) doesn't matter really...what matters is directors and their nearest and dearest are getting their wallets out in a serious manner and showing a really meaningful vote of confidence in the company's future.

P.S. Bean counting hounds always use their calculator
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

That means couta too methinks

I think these are worth buying . Not much else on NZ market,picked some up in 80's and at 100. Will hold long term.