sharetrader
Page 452 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3524024424484494504514524534544554564625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 19773
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Trimmed a few SUM and OCA and added some RYM today.
    I like all 3 so just thought I should build a position in the 3rd
    Might want to build a position in ARV, has all the best of those 3, but without the baggage (SUM non profitable care division and inventory issues, OCA's transformation 'bottlenecks', and RYM's ridiculously high PE)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Might want to build a position in ARV, has all the best of those 3, but without the baggage (SUM non profitable care division and inventory issues, OCA's transformation 'bottlenecks', and RYM's ridiculously high PE)
    your posts on the oca threads are becoming monotonous, is there not an arvida thread you can post on ,your enthusiasm for this stock is such that,if not you should start one

Quote Originally Posted by jallison View Post
    your posts on the oca threads are becoming monotonous, is there not an arvida thread you can post on ,your enthusiasm for this stock is such that,if not you should start one
    Comparing OCA to ARV as an investment is no different to comparing OCA to SUM as an investment and that seems OK with most

There is an Arvida ...you might find it be valuable reading. https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...&highlight=Arv
    Last edited by winner69; 10-02-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Comparing OCA to ARV as an investment is no different to comparing OCA to SUM as an investment and that seems OK with most

There is an Arvida ...you might find it be valuable reading. https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...&highlight=Arv

There is a general retirement village thread which is probably a better fit for his comments

Guru

There is a general retirement village thread which is probably a better fit for his comments
    Ironic isn't it... that RYM and SUM are mentioned multiple times on this very thread, then someone (such as myself) mentioned ARV once (for the first time in a while) and it is met with accusations of that someone being "monotonous"... quite different to when RYM and SUM are mentioned.... for example, Maverick, MauroNZ, Beagle and LAC have all referenced SUM in the past 3 days (multiple times even during that period of just a few days)... all of them maintaining their same views... yet I can't seem to see any accusation of them being "monotonous"? Anyhow, just thought I'd throw ARV in there again... and despite its impressive performance since it listed over 5 years ago, I can see, ARV still isn't "in the club".

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Ironic isn't it... that RYM and SUM are mentioned multiple times on this very thread, then someone (such as myself) mentioned ARV once (for the first time in a while) and it is met with accusations of that someone being "monotonous"... quite different to when RYM and SUM are mentioned.... for example, Maverick, MauroNZ, Beagle and LAC have all referenced SUM in the past 3 days (multiple times even during that period of just a few days)... all of them maintaining their same views... yet I can't seem to see any accusation of them being "monotonous"? Anyhow, just thought I'd throw ARV in there again... and despite its impressive performance since it listed over 5 years ago, I can see, ARV still isn't "in the club".
    I’m with you t_j ....you didn’t do enough ‘wrong’ to be told off like that

Never mind, one day punters will wake up and see that Arvida is actually a bloody good story and to date a great investment.

Those who completely disregard Arvida are missing a great opportunity - their loss I reckon

I mentioned the other day on this thread Aswath Damodaran (known as ‘The King of Valuation) has a saying - Values don't come from models, but from stories (good or bad).

That applies to Arvida just as much as Oceania
    Last edited by winner69; 10-02-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

It was a relevant post by TJ with reasons despite its brevity - a lot more relevant on this thread than many posts, including from myself
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-02-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Membaa

The inverse proportional rule of investment discussion groups is that the best investment companies 'right now' always get the least discussion.

RYM thread is like a graveyard, boring as, like the thread title but a cracking good investment long term. SUM thread wouldn't get a posting if the cheerleaders weren't incessantly repeating, like a good coleslaw does, but also a marvellous long term investment albeit run up way too fast short term. OCA thread gets a hammering because its the most exciting (risky) but currently worst performing, risk-on lovers with long horizons see a bargain so it will generate the most discussion. ARV is like a cross between RYM and SUM but more boring, yawn, except for one avid promoter who throws everyone else into the group of non-lovers just because they don't fill his thread with endless supportive promotion so he has to bag everyone with tiny fonts on other retirement threads.

What does that say? To me it says the monotonous comparison of retirement companies will continue and be monotonous and endless, randomly, on all threads, but more prevalent on the risky companies than the proven performers. But it still generates heaps of discussion, whereas the general retirement thread which some bright soul thought of to deflect those comparisons from single companies and blend the discussion will die a natural death.

Live with it (I tell myself).

Banned

Problem is a lot of people got pissed of because macca sold out at button price of $1.20 ...SP was reaching $1.40 couple weeks ago. So...a lot of negativity on the thread....I think..let the SP settle for the next couple weeks... especially just XD..once settled..we will see SP go around $1.25 to $1.30

Banned

With the pay equity settlement hitting its peak this year combined with that new Dr Lady's bent for spending with little or zero thought for shareholders, methinks expenses are not going to look pretty this year but mums the word from me.