sharetrader
Page 453 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 3534034434494504514524534544554564574635035539531453 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 19737
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    With the pay equity settlement hitting its peak this year combined with that new Dr Lady's bent for spending with little or zero thought for shareholders, methinks expenses are not going to look pretty this year but mums the word from me.
    Wages up..care fees will be up....so don't u worry. It had been a discussion about wages....since the min wage at $16 perhours. ...and it mentioned on ARV thread too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Wages up..care fees will be up....so don't u worry. It had been a discussion about wages....since the min wage at $16 perhours. ...and it mentioned on ARV thread too
    Care fees are not determined by the company and cant just be put up, they are determined by the area DHB. PS-Any care fee deficit comes out of sale profits from independent units.
    Last edited by couta1; 10-02-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Care fees are not determined by the company and cant just be put up, they are determined by the area DHB.

It is up with inflation rate.....just like my salary at the government body.. every year up 3%....as well as benefit payments.. pensions etc.

What I look .at the current situation....where corona virus affecting NZ economy....ports.. forestry.. tourism.... education.. retailers.... retirement sector is the most defensive one....

As I have mentioned before, even with the latest pay increases, caregivers are not adequately reimbursed for the job we do, especially those of us in supervisor roles (for which we get an extra $1/hour gross, despite being responsible for administering medications including controlled drugs, managing emergencies and being responsible for 30-32 residents). I understand that as investors, wages are a concern to you, but care staff are the backbone of these facilities. Without us, you have no facility, no business, no investment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    As I have mentioned before, even with the latest pay increases, caregivers are not adequately reimbursed for the job we do, especially those of us in supervisor roles (for which we get an extra $1/hour gross, despite being responsible for administering medications including controlled drugs, managing emergencies and being responsible for 30-32 residents). I understand that as investors, wages are a concern to you, but care staff are the backbone of these facilities. Without us, you have no facility, no business, no investment.
    Not concern me....it concerns couta...all I said is the wages up then the care fees will also up....just like the food cost ...all up.....so basically pay rise means nothing..as all up ...rent.... electricity... Etc

Banned

Not concern me....it concerns couta...all I said is the wages up then the care fees will also up....just like the food cost ...all up.....so basically pay rise means nothing..as all up ...rent.... electricity... Etc
    It doesnt work like that in this sector but ill let you believe it does.

Banned

Couta...my wife is a nurse n used to work in the rest homes....so u work in the rest homes or looking to buy cheap shares?

Banned

Couta...my wife is a nurse n used to work in the rest homes....so u work in the rest homes or looking to buy cheap shares?
    I've outlined my experience(And my wife's) in this sector quite a few times in the past and if I have money available I'm always looking to buy cheap shares which could include these ones, however I only hold RYM currently as a trading parcel and have no plan to buy OCA at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The inverse proportional rule of investment discussion groups is that the best investment companies 'right now' always get the least discussion.

RYM thread is like a graveyard, boring as, like the thread title but a cracking good investment long term. SUM thread wouldn't get a posting if the cheerleaders weren't incessantly repeating, like a good coleslaw does, but also a marvellous long term investment albeit run up way too fast short term. OCA thread gets a hammering because its the most exciting (risky) but currently worst performing, risk-on lovers with long horizons see a bargain so it will generate the most discussion. ARV is like a cross between RYM and SUM but more boring, yawn, except for one avid promoter who throws everyone else into the group of non-lovers just because they don't fill his thread with endless supportive promotion so he has to bag everyone with tiny fonts on other retirement threads.

What does that say? To me it says the monotonous comparison of retirement companies will continue and be monotonous and endless, randomly, on all threads, but more prevalent on the risky companies than the proven performers. But it still generates heaps of discussion, whereas the general retirement thread which some bright soul thought of to deflect those comparisons from single companies and blend the discussion will die a natural death.

Live with it (I tell myself).

Sad lonely cheerleader he is

percy

Quote Originally Posted by jallison View Post
    Sad lonely cheerleader he is
    Yet one of the few posters whose posts I respect.

Someone else I respect is OCA and HGH director, and very large shareholder in each, Gregg Tomlinson.
    Real skin in both.