sharetrader
Page 458 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 3584084484544554564574584594604614624685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 19791

A friend has just returned from a cruise. Her mother is in SUM other rest home.
    She is not allowed to visit her mother for 2 weeks.
    Her mother is going on a cruise. She will have to self-isolate in her room for 2 weeks when she returns.

Sounds pretty draconian, but I guess they're putting the procedures in place.

Banned

Well...let see...in couple weeks....there is a cheeky buyer at 85c now.....

Retirement homes are experiencing a hiccup in their building program. I am hearing that at least the electrical components of new builds are running out of supplies because of the China issue and work on a local retirement village has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Retirement homes are experiencing a hiccup in their building program. I am hearing that at least the electrical components of new builds are running out of supplies because of the China issue and work on a local retirement village has stopped.
    Might be just a bonus ... given that everybody is telling us that the sales side is (in general) a bit soft anyway?

Better not building more and selling instead the ones they already got. Lower supply is the recipe to higher margins ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Have a good long look at the chart image of OCA provided below. For nearly a whole year in 2019 the shares were trading in a tight range around $1.05. Very shortly before Macquarie unloaded they suddenly shot right up to $1.39 and Macquarie unloaded their stake shortly afterwards at the "very special price" of $1.20 and now they have reverted to where they were.

In a quiet moment, (if there is such a thing in this market) one could ponder the possibility of whether some party friendly to Macquarie stepped in to bid this up and help them offload at a very advantageous price ? Surely not ? OCACHART.jpg
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-03-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    In a quiet moment, (if there is such a thing in this market) one could ponder the possibility of whether some party friendly to Macquarie stepped in to bid this up and help them offload at a very advantageous price ? Surely not ?
    Impossible.

Macquarie does not have friends ;
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Have a good long look at the chart image of OCA provided below. For nearly a whole year in 2019 the shares were trading in a tight range around $1.05. Very shortly before Macquarie unloaded they suddenly shot right up to $1.39 and Macquarie unloaded their stake shortly afterwards at the "very special price" of $1.20 and now they have reverted to where they were.

In a quiet moment, (if there is such a thing in this market) one could ponder the possibility of whether some party friendly to Macquarie stepped in to bid this up and help them offload at a very advantageous price ? Surely not ? OCACHART.jpg
    Remember how Summerset looked so good for ages but because Barlow did a sneaky weasel and sold out before announcement we ended up having years of suppressed SUM share price?

OCA had to battle the over hanging risk of a market dump not favouring it.

All sorts of possibilities
    ... as well as a thirst for the retirement sector.

For the current fear on the streets... my guess is a good drop below $1 due to a sell sell sell trigger happening beyond normal recent market reactions.

What is people's (businesses) risk parameter. At what point will you go... ahhh, yes, 20% is ok... 25% is less ok... 35% below purchase price is... etc

MAC sure did time their sale well and with OCAs nice divi to support a long term holders good returns...

Or pwrhaps they thought of the risk... heard a rumor about Corona and thought let's call it a day and get out and pass on the risk.

I could keep brainstorming for hours on this.
    Enjoy your posts Beagle. One of my favourite dogs, my aunty had a beauty of a Beagle growing up.

Don't let it near the corn fields. Or it would be gone for a few days, slip the lead, chasing rabbits

Heading into hidding for a week may result in a whole lot of good. Fishing and all those relaxing hobbies can be a good way to reduce stress and recover from anything a bit quicker than those following the negative bounce about.

There's always eb and flow 🌓

"Sneaky Weasel" I love it. Yes I remember it very well mate and some may recall that a lot of very loud Beagle barking ensued ...and they ended up having to change their insider trading policies so SUM good came out of all the noise

Yes there's lot of possibilities...but my favourite conspiracy theory about the mysterious surge in the share price is as above.

Even unloved mutts like Macquarie could theoretically buy a supportive friend if the price was right

I would think this retesting the IPO price around the late 70 cent range is not beyond the realm of possibility in a very bad prolonged recession...

I will keep my powder dry and kennel well stocked and yes our much loved Beagle was a very naughty and mischievous and rather fat dog too, not unlike me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-03-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Wasn’t long ago share price hit $1.39 and today less than a buck.

Those who got the deal of the century a month ago with the 250 million Macquarie discards must be a bit gutted now
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wasn’t long ago share price hit $1.39 and today less than a buck.

Those who got the deal of the century a month ago with the 250 million Macquarie discards must be a bit gutted now
    I guess one must see these things a bit philosophical. My strong bear (BBOZ) went more up than my OCA went down; This is what hedges are for ;

As well - my average purchase price into OCA is around 94 cents anyway, i.e. still in the black anyway :
    ----