sharetrader
Page 465 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3654154554614624634644654664674684694755155659651465 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 19773
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Everyones trying to predict certainty out of uncertainty and to be fair its not ideal. Pricing of OCA shares is out right low right now, but theres also fear when this virus hits every city in NZ. 8 new cases today, its only a matter of time before it makes it into retirement homes and all these companies will have quite a difficult situation on their hands. Invest knowing you will be holding at least next 12 months, no quick rebound, but there is still sound fundamentals at the end of the day. Like all things currently it gets much worse before it gets better.

Dog gone it, I think you've made some good points Maverick BUT facts are one thing and perception is quite another. At the moment its all about perception.
    Was a good update from the company today. No question long term value is on offer at the current price. Will it go lower still ? That as they say, is the $64,000 question.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks Maverick, nice one. Spot on with the change in tone of the forum.

Veteran novice

Yes, a great post, Maverick. I agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar K9 View Post
    Thanks Maverick, nice one. Spot on with the change in tone of the forum.
    The inconvenient truth my K9 friend is those barking out caution have been dead right and did so against a veritable tidal wave of people assuring us in the $1.00 - $1.10 range there was deep value on offer at that sort of price and many others who thought they got a screaming bargain from Macquarie at $1.20. Before anyone goes whacking the messenger on the nose with a rolled up newspaper, stop and think whether they were right to be barking out caution ! In a nutshell, don't shoot the messenger especially when he's been right ! Disc: Dipped the front edge of one paw in the water today at 60 cents, without any TA signal. Probably stupid but I guess I can always console myself I paid exactly half what others did to take a stake off Macquarie.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-03-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY OCEANIA

or whatever the cry was
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY OCEANIA

or whatever the cry was
    I was singing that as my 60c buy order was filled!

If the Dow Jones has another rough day tomorrow - as its expected, futures down 600pts right now - won't these shares be cheaper tomorrow?....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    If the Dow Jones has another rough day tomorrow - as its expected, futures down 600pts right now - won't these shares be cheaper tomorrow?....
    No. The shares now have already priced in a drop in the Dow of 750 points or whatever it is the futures are saying. If the dow only drops 400 points then NZ will but up (all other things being equal). If however the Dow would drop by more than 750 points then NZ would be down (all things being equal).

Advanced Member

Sounds like todays announcement sucked a few in. They talking a brave fight, but the virus will decide how secure the residents are.
    We used to see lots of these sort of announcements in 2008, not saying much but designed to stop shareprices from slipping down