sharetrader
Page 471 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 3714214614674684694704714724734744754815215719711471 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 19785

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Maybe not, but although sector getting smashed at moment, unlike many other companies, all the big established operators seem a safe medium/long term hold as govt would support them if it became necessary as they provide such a vital role housing & caring for so many elderly & reducing the strain on our hospital & health care system.

Lots of other companies I can think of don't have the luxury of that safety net.
    Of course just speculation on my part but that's how it looks to me.
    i dont disagree about there survival , but since they make most of there profits from property development margins if these disappear they probably wont have any money to pay dividends. they dont make enough money from care alone to support dividends
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    News just out....no cases reported from Wuhan anymore....we might see the market starting to stabilize soon..
    Not while the US is about to be whalloped.
    Not to mention the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Surprised to see anybody selling at these prices, if you got stuck with the stock on its fall this far down, you might as well just hold on to it now I reckon.

Buying at at 54 seems to have a lot more long term upside potential than down. I am in.
    Don't forget that for some companies, if they're held by kiwisaver funds, those funds will be selling to re-balance their portfolios as everyone dips into conservative/cash funds

Advanced Member

Looked this morning as if .60 cents may have held, was actually thinking maybe it was looking a good entry point, perhaps .50 will hold the line

In relation to Justakiwi I am probably one of the guilty ones, but it is pretty much impossible to consider any stock without looking at how corona will play out.

Talked to a woman today whose husband has mental health issues, she said he was really struggling this week with all the negativity, so they agreed no more facebook or news watching for a few days.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Don't forget that for some companies, if they're held by kiwisaver funds, those funds will be selling to re-balance their portfolios as everyone dips into conservative/cash funds
    Good point. I think about 10% of KiwiSaver funds are held in NZ shares.

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Good point, though sad. I guess it would have made heaps of sense for people to go 4 weeks ago into conservative funds. But now? The only thing they would achieve is to take themselves after the crash the opportunity to recover. Lose - lose.

On the other hand, while not pretending I foresaw it all - I am with my Kiwisaver 50:50 (bonds to shares) and intend to go soon 100% shares. Maybe this helps to compensate for the poor souls who are currently leaving their growth funds.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Just got some at 55c. Sold out most at $1.06 and $1.02 so I bought back a bunch more and still under what I took out. These 2 for 1 sales are great

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Looked this morning as if .60 cents may have held, was actually thinking maybe it was looking a good entry point, perhaps .50 will hold the line

In relation to Justakiwi I am probably one of the guilty ones, but it is pretty much impossible to consider any stock without looking at how corona will play out.

Talked to a woman today whose husband has mental health issues, she said he was really struggling this week with all the negativity, so they agreed no more facebook or news watching for a few days.
    yes thorough self -isolation - watch specific movies (not TV), or read a book, or listen to some music (not the radio).

It is weird how isolation doesn't mean what it used to.

I said to Maverick the other day that there will be a fair amount of delayed selling through the ETF and fund mechanisms where they will need to liquidate at any cost because of redemption by the capitulating.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Border closed....so great news!!!! Safer for the oldies...less human to worry....

Might see this bouncing hard tomorrow!

Hold yourself Beagle!
    Last edited by King1212; 19-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Border closed....so great news!!!! Safer for the oldies...less human to worry....

Might see this bouncing hard tomorrow!

Hold yourself Beagle!
    I had a birdie tell me that Oceania might be in lock down so double increase
    Last edited by Ggcc; 19-03-2020 at 08:51 PM.