sharetrader
Page 481 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 3814314714774784794804814824834844854915315819811481 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 19785

LOL forest, I am pretty sure she can work that out for herself
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I didnt say the property market would crash , i said in limbo means not doing anything. retirement stocks need a rising , good market to make there margins.
    covid is worse than cancer etc because it kills and spreads with such speed so yes a spread in a care bed facitilty may potentially empty the whole place which means no income from care beds and there may not be the people to replace them if the virus is rampant in society. as an investor its not all rosy and bullish people need to think of every senario for stocks , obviously your bullish and im not so that sums the market up beautifully dont you think
    In your scenario of emptying beds, there will be others who survive the illness but it may have been the last straw for their remaining in independent accommodation.

So the demand for hospital and rest home beds may increase too. Any lessening in care bed demand may be further down the track and may mean that any previous forecast of shortage of care beds is no longer so acute.

Even in a stagnant price property market, the ora system would still enable profits to be made.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 24-03-2020 at 12:09 PM.

I would hope that we'd see other directors purchasing shares too, just to reinforce the perceived discount.

Also, I would think it won't take long before OCA (and the other listed retirement companies) make an announcement similar to RYMs this morning.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    I would hope that we'd see other directors purchasing shares too, just to reinforce the perceived discount.

Also, I would think it won't take long before OCA (and the other listed retirement companies) make an announcement similar to RYMs this morning.
    SUM did, yesterday.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/350404

Lot of doom and gloom with OCA...

Well, another director brought $500k on-market on 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
    Lot of doom and gloom with OCA...

Well, another director brought $500k on-market on 20th.
    Good place to be if you are inside.
    And happy to ride out the next 6 months.

If they times the bottom, that'll be fantastic for them.

Cautious with this unprecedented uncertainty for the short term.

Long term, New Zealand is a magic place.

Also a great way to average down your cost of shares atm...

Say I bought 10000 @1, now I buy 20000 at 40c... still makes 50c sound cheap. If I knew the bottom or what was going to happen, od be onto a winner.

Many numbers to observe and confidence level to take into account.

I sincerely hope it goes well for all holders

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Good place to be if you are inside.
    And happy to ride out the next 6 months.

If they times the bottom, that'll be fantastic for them.

Cautious with this unprecedented uncertainty for the short term.

Long term, New Zealand is a magic place.

Also a great way to average down your cost of shares atm...

Say I bought 10000 @1, now I buy 20000 at 40c... still makes 50c sound cheap. If I knew the bottom or what was going to happen, od be onto a winner.

Many numbers to observe and confidence level to take into account.

I sincerely hope it goes well for all holders
    I don't think the Directors are concerned with timing the bottom. They are not your average punter. I say well done on them for using their inside knowledge of the company to send a strong signal to the market that they think the shares have been oversold and they have no concerns about the ability of OCA to continue operations. I say thanks to them for this strong conviction

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't think the Directors are concerned with timing the bottom. They are not your average punter. I say well done on them for using their inside knowledge of the company to send a strong signal to the market that they think the shares have been oversold and they have no concerns about the ability of OCA to continue operations. I say thanks to them for this strong conviction
    I'd second that ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

a nice little bounce, but will it last

So to the TA experts, is it time to get in? Happy with my buys at $0.61, $0.56 and $0.40. The value at $0.40 really was ridiculous