sharetrader
Page 49 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359991495491049 ... LastLast

Yes interested in other viewpoints, always good looking at the cons.

I am in for the long haul, but since IPO up already 39%. Lucky I heard them advertise on the radio earlier this year for the IPO.

Of interest to experienced investors. With the Dividend coming out in FEB, what should I do with it. I know to reinvest, but to buy something else incurs brokerage of $30 ($300 div), already down 10%. I currently have holdings in FNZ, and Craigs my start with 4 Bluechips, perhaps I could deposit it into one of them as a one off as from memory they have no brokerage only fees.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    666 great number.

Have followed this thread very closely, and glad to have jumped in and bought last week. Thanks all for your input. Is there no one on this site against this stock? No devils advocate to stir things up a bit?

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent View Post
    Of interest to experienced investors. With the Dividend coming out in FEB, what should I do with it. I know to reinvest, but to buy something else incurs brokerage of $30 ($300 div), already down 10%.....
    Keep it in the bank. I seldom make any trades of less than $3000 otherwise the brokerage just kills it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    666 great number.

Have followed this thread very closely, and glad to have jumped in and bought last week. Thanks all for your input. Is there no one on this site against this stock? No devils advocate to stir things up a bit?
    There were plenty at the start, I could probably write a few pages of all the things that were brought up, I was one of the few who actually seemed to like the company... how things change in such a short period of time

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    There were plenty at the start, I could probably write a few pages of all the things that were brought up, I was one of the few who actually seemed to like the company... how things change in such a short period of time
    You and Joshuatree should be very grateful for the detractors comments as I am sure in a small way they helped suppress demand and the IPO price. You're welcome and I'll look forward to you shouting me a few beers at the next Auckland ST get together. JT could come along too and we could all have a big group hug

If enough money and alcohol is involved I reckon almost anyone can get along
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You and Joshuatree should be very grateful for the detractors comments as I am sure in a small way they helped suppress demand and the IPO price.
    Wow - the power of this forum eh?

IMO

You and Joshuatree should be very grateful for the detractors comments as I am sure in a small way they helped suppress demand and the IPO price. You're welcome and I'll look forward to you shouting me a few beers at the next Auckland ST get together. JT could come along too and we could all have a big group hug

Hilarious joke of the week for me thanks

fatboy read the earlier threads and you will find exactly that and it has happened many times where the anti switches to the "back up the truck". Be careful on here and make your own researched decisions. Lets all be safe out there and remember rule number 1 2and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Wow - the power of this forum eh?
    Its by no means the only forum where the veracity of the companies balance sheet as it was originally structured was questioned. Some of us as far back as 2014 made the observation that some pretty dramatic balance sheet restructuring was needed and it is pleasing that the company directors took those comments on board and used the full net proceeds of the IPO to effect exactly that outcome. The company is far better positioned now going forward.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-08-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I respect your posts but I must admit I do not understand how you can be so severe in your criticism of SKC as a "sin" company in so far as it may also make money from addicted gamblers, yet be so flippant about consuming large amounts of alcohol, which is widely accessible, and which can lead to devastating addictions and has caused grief to so many.
    Disc: former shareholder of SKC, current shareholder of OCA, have seen the damage wrought by alcohol addiction

It was just a flippant remark, don't condone alcoholism but a couple of drinks now and again is okay I reckon and you are quite right, alcohol which is far more widely available has destroyed many lives in fact (and this is not directed at you) I sometimes wonder how much some posters on here have drunk before they post...anyway we're well off track, is Oceania up to $1.15 yet ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-08-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Banned

is Oceania up to $1.15 yet ?
    I fired up the Delorean, lucky I bought Meridian shares for the 1.2gw of power.

OK back from next Tuesday, yes we have 1.15! Also Matiria has resigned and America's gone to defcon 1.
    Last edited by Fatboyj; 09-08-2017 at 04:54 PM.