sharetrader
Page 498 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 3984484884944954964974984995005015025085485989981498 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 19727

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least you not one of the delusionsl ones Beagle ...this guy reckons fsr too msny are delusional

https://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...16-p54kc3.html
    Thanks Winner, some very sobering reading in there. No matter how ugly the reality of the situation is, its better to grasp the enormity of the situation than to cling to some forlorn hope that things will be back to normal sometime really soon.

Another commentator effectively saying investors are delusional and the markets adjusted for the forecast earnings decline have never been more expensive
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+16+Apr+2020
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-04-2020 at 09:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    There's a lot more on the sell side of the ledger today...bit of profit taking going on?

Attachment 11305
    Yes profit taking using the Technical play...The Depth info showing high sell volumes around 86c-88c is exactly where the Chart EMA50 resistance line is.... A short/medium term investing strategy rule of thumb is sell near resistance and buy near support.This is a more successful play when it is a bear market (downtrend) and/or during a rectangle pattern (trading range/channel). During an uptrend Bull market this depth sell behaviour would not as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes profit taking using the Technical play...The Depth info showing high sell volumes around 86c-88c is exactly where the Chart EMA50 resistance line is.... A short/medium term investing strategy rule of thumb is sell near resistance and buy near support.This is a more successful play when it is a bear market (downtrend) and/or during a rectangle pattern (trading range/channel). During an uptrend Bull market this depth sell behaviour would not as strong.
    It's funny you should say that, as I did exactly that today. Ended up with 4% more shares for the same money. I'm calling it a self generated DRP
    Last edited by Cyclical; 16-04-2020 at 10:10 PM.

At least you not one of the delusionsl ones Beagle ...this guy reckons fsr too msny are delusional

That's a scary read all right. Makes me pretty happy to be in NZ with our relatively conservative debt to GDP ratio. Most of the world has done a great job of digging a deeper and deeper hole since the GFC.

That's a scary read all right. Makes me pretty happy to be in NZ with our relatively conservative debt to GDP ratio. Most of the world has done a great job of digging a deeper and deeper hole since the GFC.
    Sometimes I can be a forgetful old mutt and forget the likely full extent and enormity of what it is we are facing so I've created a shortcut on my computer desktop to that article. I've named the shortcut "Reality Check" A really useful one for whenever I am making any investment decisions for at least the rest of 2020. Thanks for posting that article Winner. Keeps me very sober and focused on the extent of the problem.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-04-2020 at 10:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sometimes I can be a forgetful old mutt and forget the likely full extent and enormity of what it is we are facing so I've created a shortcut on my computer desktop to that article. I've named the shortcut "Reality Check" A really useful one for whenever I am making any investment decisions for at least the rest of 2020. Thanks for posting that article Winner. Keeps me very sober and focused on the extent of the problem.
    Not a bad idea that. Hopefully I can exercise the same caution. Very easy to get caught up in the tide of enthusiasm that sees the likes of AIR going gangbusters, and lose sight of the imploding mess that lies ahead of us. Yep, thanks for the article, Winner.

...that shouldn’t make you happy ...our hole is pretty deep
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Look at the credibility of the Journalist-Ambrose Evans-Pritchard writing for the Telegraph.
    He cites the first release of information from the Danish Antibody study as indicating mortality is over 1% when in fact it indicates it could be 10 times lower(3% of dutch blood donors population have detectable antibodies)

At this moment in time confusion reigns and actions taken by nations to combat corvid -19 have swung from too lax and now too extreme .
    The most important thing is to reduce the transmission ratio to less than 1 and then the world has to find a way to keep it at less than 1 .
    Its mainly the stupidity of people that prevents this happening in the world
    Should be easier for OCA than AIR

...that shouldn’t make you happy ...our hole is pretty deep
    Especially when you look at the small group who will be asked to help pay it back via tax....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Especially when you look at the small group who will be asked to help pay it back via tax....
    Attempts to broaden the tax sources may be needed?
    There are so many divergent forcecasts around. The massive QE/Helicopter money will mean governments have to look for tax revenue from somewhere eventually.

How much will Income tax and GST rates increase?
    Will the dividend imputation credit scheme be suspended, to encourage NZ companies to reinvest as opposed to paying out such a large percent of profits as dividends?
    Will a wealth tax or a CGT be unstoppable now?
    Will real estate transfer Stamp duties (such as they have in Australia) be introduced, with second homes and investment properties attracting higher rates?
    Will there be an introduction of company share transfer stamp duties and financial transaction duties?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-04-2020 at 08:00 AM.