sharetrader
Page 509 of 2031 FirstFirst ... 940945949950550650750850951051151251351955960910091509 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 20303

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Very poor and frustrating plans.
    My perception is that the ongoing cases are the result of poor testing,inaccurate tests and failure to protect nurses and contacts of possible cases. The fault is in planning not people .
    the lockdown has been very poorly planned eg forestry working stopped despite no evidence that there has been any transmission in outdoor workers.
    We cannot be trusted to use our boats but ok for team NZ to go sailing in what is a very dangerous type of sailing.
    The airforce and regional council in Northland has wasted so much in resources not to mention risks in searching for errant boaters.In response I see my neighbours go fishing at night to avoid detection.
    I hear parties at night but i am not going to dob them in .Rather than police having roadblocks which probably has not reduced transmission it would be so easy for them to patrol streets looking for such risky things.
    My wife sees people chatting in supermarkets-would be safe if they chatted outside keeping 2 metres distance .
    Some people are really stupid and take risks so I have no problem if prosecutions ensued if others have been endangered .
    Sounds like sour grapes, you’ll get to play with your boat again soon

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=huxley;813902]Sounds like sour grapes, you’ll get to play with your boat again soon [/QUOT

Sorry I may have not made myself clear-I was expressing my frustration
    I do keep to 2m distancing and have not stopped fishing.
    Yet again we hear 2 new cases today and proclaimed linked to St Margarets resthome and household transmission
    The truth maybe they were indirectly linked to the resthome and transmission happened through the incompetence of Waitakere Hospital by not ensuring nurses caring for covid-19 patients were adequately protected and no precaution at all to prevent household transmission.
    Why single out it was resthome transmission ?
    The chain actually started before St Margarets and continues beyond but we are made to believe its resthome transmission that was the source of the problem .
    The general public will believe its rest homes that are the problem when it is more to do with govt and Health Departments not taking effective measures and not admitting to mistakes and shifting the blame.
    Oceania has done well to prevent any cases but will be tainted with such reporting.
    Last edited by fish; 09-05-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    I wonder if future generations will look back and think how crazy it is that we didn't know if people had died from C19 or something else. It sounds like I'm ready a piece of history from war times or something.
    Many countries have looked at how many extra deaths they have had above 'normal'.
    In NZ, with so few deaths due to covid-19, that would be statistically difficult as 21 deaths would be in the noise.
    I think we do know if people die of c19 - we just don't know when they might have died of underlying health issues (1 month? 1 year? 5 years?).

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

It will be interesting whether today ,or this week, is when our "seller" finishes up and finally OCA has the foot taken off the back off its neck.
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-05-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It will be interesting whether today ,or this week, is when our "seller" finishes up and finally OCA has the foot taken off the back off its neck.
    Sellers who bought when the sp fell out of bed in March still have around 8m shares more to go by my estimate.

So don't hold your breath - unless they decide that they can fetch higher prices by holding off.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Sellers who bought when the sp fell out of bed in March still have around 8m shares more to go by my estimate.

So don't hold your breath - unless they decide that they can fetch higher prices by holding off.
    Or hold onto their shares for longterm. Anything under 60 cents was a bargain by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

So don't hold your breath -.
    At 75 cents I can hold my breath forever.
    5% p/a Divi....nowhere else I'd rather be

How safe is your divi?
    SCOTTY

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    How safe is your divi?
    I'm completely with you Maverick....as long as the dividend holds at around the 4.5-5% level
    Topped up last week.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    How safe is your divi?
    Fair consideration SCOTTY, with what other companies are doing ATM.

Rather than me spout off all the reasons why I think OCAs cashflow supports paying the usual divi, how about you outline why they wouldn't.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to be adversarial, you my have some good points I just can't see.

They are bound to forge ahead with a cap raise as foreshadowed in HY1 (pre covid) to compliment their overdraught but I'm sure they were never intending to reduce the divi as part of that capital rearrangement.