sharetrader
Page 526 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 2642647651652252352452552652752852953053657662610261526 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 19773

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Go you good thing GO GO GO!.
    It looks faster in italics doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Broker targets appear to be 108 and 122 (Marketscreener)

Big upside from here

Go OCA
    Not a bad upside in that case winner.If you have faith in the company then one could hope for more.cheers

whats the target price before update?

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    Wouldnt be silly to take out a small mortgage at fixed rate of 2.something% for 5 years and buying OCA which at 6% would still offer a return of over 3%.Not to mention the capital gain!!!
    Well, it looks tempting, does it ... however they say 'invest only money you can afford to lose'.

Unless you are able to predict the future (and I know only about one being able to do that, and not so sure about her as well) I would try to avoid betting the house on the performance of one individual stock, even if it looks tempting.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

OCA is a strong company for sure, but have we really started to consider broker targets? They’re a joke and should never be used as part of any serious investment decision

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    OCA is a strong company for sure, but have we really started to consider broker targets? They’re a joke and should never be used as part of any serious investment decision
    That could be true, a joke. But notice that they are quite conservative around pre COVID highs. How materially has the business been damaged by COVID? Not 25% imo. Room to move up to close the gap as the two months of delays in development are caught up with, other than that nothing else seems material? In relation to sector peers OCA is a gift at these prices, again imo

Disc raging bull 😁

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, it looks tempting, does it ... however they say 'invest only money you can afford to lose'.

Unless you are able to predict the future (and I know only about one being able to do that, and not so sure about her as well) I would try to avoid betting the house on the performance of one individual stock, even if it looks tempting.
    It funny you mention the house BP.I first brought into HGH when they got their banking license (74c from memory) and held for some time while looking for something with more upside despite knowing there would be more risk.Its at that stage i came across ATM.I sold my HGH for$1.28 a share and brought 70,000 ATM shares for 50c a share.My partner then got herself pregnant somehow and been an honorable man i decided i could no longer continue with the risk that is the sharemarket and sold them at $5.60.We purchased an investment property and have enjoyed the passive income ever since.Despite been tempted many times to come back to market,i resisted.Then there was covid.........After much discussion and lots of soul searching,here i am.Opportunities like this may come around once or(im hoping)twice in a lifetime.The saying is nothing surer than death and taxes.Well,before death comes old age...blah blah blah.You get the point.The house you mention came from here and ive always been a bit of a punter.He who dares....WINS.cheers
    Last edited by nevchev; 25-05-2020 at 07:13 PM.

I think the important point is the 6% is in your hand, (before tax) with no work and is likely to grow over the years ahead. On the other hand the 5 year fixed rate from BNZ at 2.99% is exactly that, fixed. I think that's quite a useful margin for the modest risk involved.

Not much chance of an OCA resident contaminating your property with methamphetimine, throwing wild parties wrecking the place or not paying their weekly rent and they're the ones paying for the full refurbishment of the proeprty every so many years, not you
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    My first mortgage in the mid 1990s was at over 20%!!!
    My first second in 1976 was 26%

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    My first second in 1976 was 26%
    Wow....winner was paying 28%.I wont complain about 20% again.cheers