sharetrader
Page 533 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3343348352352953053153253353453553653754358363310331533 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 19773
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This is a great time for me to lob this little hand grenade in here for debate (because its something I have been thinking about).
    Is your money safer in OCA with its needs based business model hopefully paying ~ 6% or in one of the banks on term deposit currently offering about 2.3% and subject to the open banking resolution wherein one of the members of the dynamic trio, namely Orr, could suddenly become the bad guy and ringfence and potentially hijack part of your funds on deposit ? Hmmm...I for one do not think the 2.3% compensates one properly for the (admittedly modest), risk of something bad happening.
    You naughty Beagle casting aspersions on our Adrian like that. Adrian tells us we have one of the most robust banking systems in the world. Of the big four, they have all re-capitalised themselves to become 'unquestionably strong'. Adrian is confident and you must be confident. Adrian's confidence should usurp all worry, and he will retain his confidence until the banking system gets into trouble, at which time he will rebuild his confidence by making a little transfer out of your and everyone else's bank account. But do not worry, this little rescue transfer will happen so fast and under lock down that you won't be able to do anything about it and you certainly won't have time to worry about it. Sweet dreams and I am sure they will be sweeter if your cash is supporting an OCA bed.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 27-05-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

This is a great time for me to lob this little hand grenade in here for debate (because its something I have been thinking about).
    Is your money safer in OCA with its needs based business model hopefully paying ~ 6% or in one of the banks on term deposit currently offering about 2.3% and subject to the open banking resolution wherein one of the members of the dynamic trio, namely Orr, could suddenly become the bad guy and ringfence and potentially hijack part of your funds on deposit ? Hmmm...I for one do not think the 2.3% compensates one properly for the (admittedly modest), risk of something bad happening.
    I hear you re the 6% Beagle (and I have a decent allocations of OCA as well) wonder how secure that is tho ? Been quite a few Dear John notifications re dividends.

One would have to assume that if Mr Orr had to ring fence part of your funds, let's say 25% for argument's sake, OCA will be back down to ~40c per share at that point, so you can load up and arguably be better off in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    You naughty Beagle casting aspersions on our Adrian like that. Adrian tells us we have one of the most robust banking systems in the world. Of the big four, they have all re-capitalised themselves to become 'unquestionably strong'. Adrian is confident and you must be confident. Adrian's confidence should usurp all worry, and he will retain his confidence until the banking system gets into trouble, at which time he will rebuild his confidence by making a little transfer out of your and everyone else's bank account. But do not worry, this little rescue transfer will happen so fast and under lock down that you won't be able to do anything about it and you certainly won't have time to worry about it. Sweet dreams and I am sure they will be sweeter if your cash is supporting an OCA bed.

SNOOPY
    I want to trust him but he looks so much like shane jones...

I wish I had bought more at .73, dont want to chase the price now. Have to be happy with 70k.

Hot Copper on the ASX has a facility after each post to firstly give an opinion as to BUY HOLD or SELL, as well as HOLDING or NOT HOLDING. Really relevant when considering the efficacy of comments. Also provided they are honest you can pick the down rampers and up rampers from the genuine investors.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 27-05-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I wish I had bought more at .73, dont want to chase the price now. Have to be happy with 70k.

Hot Copper on the ASX has a facility after each post to firstly give an opinion as to BUY HOLD or SELL, as well as HOLDING or NOT HOLDING. Really relevant when considering the efficacy of comments. Also provided they are honest you can pick the down rampers and up rampers from the genuine investors.
    You should set an example. Even though you presumably put BUY / HOLDING

DISC: BUY / BUYING
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I hear you re the 6% Beagle (and I have a decent allocations of OCA as well) wonder how secure that is tho ? Been quite a few Dear John notifications re dividends.
    I don't know but I have mused about that at quite some length. If they paid a 2.6 cent final divvy like last year it would cost them on the face of it just on $16m, less whatever amount of shareholders have signed up for shares in lieu of dividend at the 2.5% discount, (last year ~ $2.7m), so about $13.3m net shall we say.

Operationally from the Macquarie presentation they appear to be tracking fine from a profitability perspective and they have more than $100m headroom with their financial resources so I would say on the balance of probabilities its highly likely, (but not certain), they will declare a normal dividend when they report their full year result in just on two months time in late July.

I will probably sign up for the shares in lieu of dividend program.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Have they got a dividend reinvestment program.

DISC: HOLD and am HOLDING

IMO

There are some honest posters on H/C and ive got to know about 5 of them,4 are kiwis. But it takes alot of time , years to verify this. There are many more pumpers and dumpers there who say BUY as they are selling and vice versa. Be careful who you trust,its your money they are after.

Membaa

Have they got a dividend reinvestment program.

DISC: HOLD and am HOLDING
    I presume that was a question. Yes they do.