sharetrader
Page 552 of 2079 FirstFirst ... 5245250254254854955055155255355455555656260265210521552 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 20786

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Rose 8 cents yesterday bring the gain for just the last month to 28 cents (37.3%) and held its ground today despite the market being down 2%.
    Pretty good alright!Patience now becomes the problem.Some down days and a stagnet sp,a thought that youve found the next big thing.........
    Buying at a buck?Its a no brainer!!

Painful chat from me. Apologies in advance. Baa Baa I’m keen to understand how you decide on a stop loss. I have recently put stop losses on a handful of my holdings (approximately half of my holding in each company).
    Naturally nervous that my stoploss is triggered and sp recovers quickly following this.
    How do you identify a trigger and how carefully do you manage these?

The most recent run up in OCA followed these shares pumping. Be interesting to watch today

804CF426-8D0D-44DC-8ED9-FC563F6CFCF7.jpg

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Painful chat from me. Apologies in advance. Baa Baa I’m keen to understand how you decide on a stop loss. I have recently put stop losses on a handful of my holdings (approximately half of my holding in each company).
    Naturally nervous that my stoploss is triggered and sp recovers quickly following this.
    How do you identify a trigger and how carefully do you manage these?
    I'm no expert petty, and there's no hard and fast rules that I'm aware of, I just do what I think is right for each of my holdings, they're all different. I use SL because I am unable to actively monitor the daily price and therefore cannot execute a trade when I might need to. Typically I'd figure out the the usual daily % price swings, and place a stop loss sell 'at market' outside the limit of that range, so for example if usual swing maximum is <5% then a stop loss might be at 8-10%.

I never use stop loss limit sell because the market can drop lower than my limit and I'm left in the ask with a higher price. Stop loss sell at market can also execute at well below the trigger price, it's just a safety net, get out of jail. Because we can't set a 'trailing stop loss' (automatically adjusts the trigger following the price) I check and adjust my SL orders daily after close of trade - yes it's a pain. Depending on the size of the holding and amount of capital gain, my SL order can range from the whole holding, to a percentage of the holding.

Sorry this is so vague but there's no science involved imo, it's finding a SL for each holding that fits my risk tolerance level, which is different for each holding.

Guru

TA a small pull back which we have had from 1.08 , lucky if we get 101-102.. FEB meeting on and the market is expecting the balance sheet to go to 10 billion. Cant see this stock staying under a dollar for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I'm no expert petty, and there's no hard and fast rules that I'm aware of, I just do what I think is right for each of my holdings, they're all different. I use SL because I am unable to actively monitor the daily price and therefore cannot execute a trade when I might need to. Typically I'd figure out the the usual daily % price swings, and place a stop loss sell 'at market' outside the limit of that range, so for example if usual swing maximum is <5% then a stop loss might be at 8-10%.
    I am no expert either, but is this using chandelier exits and Average True Range?

We needed this pull back in my opinion. Some taking profits and rightly so.So much potential here over the next few years.I for one will not be selling anytime soon.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I am no expert either, but is this using chandelier exits and Average True Range?
    At risk of staying off-topic, no. I said my method has no science, though sometimes I might base the trigger on a technical support. I don't trade shares anymore, so for me this is about last resort capital protection. Maybe start a new thread or find an existing one and we can carry on the chat there.

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    We needed this pull back in my opinion. Some taking profits and rightly so.So much potential here over the next few years.I for one will not be selling anytime soon.
    Agreed. I have a bid in for another 50,000 @ $1 that only got a partial fill the other day so am first in the queue at $1 for the balance of that order and no way am I giving up that position. Hope I get a fill later today !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agreed. I have a bid in for another 50,000 @ $1 that only got a partial fill the other day so am first in the queue at $1 for the balance of that order and no way am I giving up that position. Hope I get a fill later today !
    Good luck Beagle!woof woof.I will be accumulating as finances allow