sharetrader
Page 603 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 10350355359359960060160260360460560660761365370311031603 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 19788

Sold. Will consider buy back upon decent results and fair SP entry opportunity if presents itself.

The Kid

Tony Alexander thinks there's no longer a brain drain but a brain gain.

http://www.tonyalexander.nz/resources/TV%2016%20July%202020.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post

He's one of the few economists I respect. Reading some of the reports that appear to be little more than dart throwing by some others makes my eyes glaze over in record time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    He's one of the few economists I respect. Reading some of the reports that appear to be little more than dart throwing by some others makes my eyes glaze over in record time.
    He’s generally good reading ....but then I respect all economists I agree with.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

The thing with Tony is he tells you why he thinks something - you can decide yourself if you like his data or not.
    Others just spout and you usually have no idea how they came up with what they say.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Imagination is the language of the soul. Pay attention to your imagination and you will discover all you need to be fulfilled” so said a guy called Einstein

I can imagine having Oceania having a good year and It’s shareprice over $1.50 by this Christmas ...I’m paying attention to that imagination.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by +++++ View Post
    Will consider buy back upon decent results and fair SP entry opportunity if presents itself.
    Good luck with that combination of events.

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    He’s generally good reading ....but then I respect all economists I agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    The thing with Tony is he tells you why he thinks something - you can decide yourself if you like his data or not.
    Others just spout and you usually have no idea how they came up with what they say.
    Yep, I too like the odd episode of TV (Tony's View). Probably even better now that he's left the bank and out on his own.

Re the discussion on immigration flows of late, I suspect a lot of the exodus will be low paid foreign workers who've suddenly found themselves out of work with no support to be had in NZ, plus a bunch of foreign students (I sat next to a young German lad on the plane the other day who said a good chunk of other German exchange students bailed in March but he did the full 6 months and loved it). Can't really see too many others making the choice to depart NZ ATM unless the wheels have been in motion and plans well advanced.

Inbound, sure, there'll be a bunch of young ones that have had their OE curtailed, but there are also likely to be plenty of Kiwis returning that would like to get into the property market...maybe those that had been sitting on the fence about returning anyway, or have found themselves out of work in their chosen place of residence.

Overall, I suspect flat to slightly positive in favour of the NZ property market.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    https://www.interest.co.nz/property/...-been-arriving

The stats do not back up the narrative that a net increase in residents are coming back to NZ due to coronavirus safe haven status.
    Of course the numbers out vs in are tracking the way they are.

NZ is proving damn hard to get into - 3 weeks flight stoppage etc

The folks leaving have been as much the stranded foreigners as much as anything else and folks whose work visas cannot be renewed.

We have any number of mates stuck overseas unable to get home.

Looking at short term arrival/departure COVID skewered stats and drawing a longer term conclusion for in this case OCA is a very very long bow indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems pretty convincing doesn’t it James

Through thick and thin and good times and bad times more NZers have left than come back every year since the 80’s

But I’m told there are a million kiwis overseas and they all going to come home over next year or so so that’s good.
    No one has said that Winner - don't go making things up now.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    No one has said that Winner - don't go making things up now.
    No, it is definitely true. I am stuck in the UK at the moment where 60,000 kiwis wanting to come home are in a single queue, all 2 meter socially distancing and wearing face masks, that stretches along the A4 from London Heathrow Airport to Chippenham.

I am about half way along sitting on the pavement in the western outskirts of Newbury.
    om mani peme hum