sharetrader
Page 611 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 11151156160160760860961061161261361461562166171111111611 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 19783
    Guru

trade at below .90

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    trade at below .90
    need to digest all the metrics. $43m underlying profit is slightly more than what I had. Overall, market will perceive this to be a weak performance and sell down heavily, methinks. Keeping my cash ready for .90 or below;

Default At First Glance

Underlying profit at $42.9m is as I expected and right in the mid point of the range I have been forecasting $40m - $45m. Kudos where its due and shows good old fashioned bean counting experience counts for something. Look forward to my free beer Mav

Cash flow is up 11.3% - Cash flow is the lifeblood of business - another old accounting adage.

They are prudently managing the delivery of new units in the year ahead. Bean counters love that word "prudent"

Valuations assumption changes by the valuers do not surprise me and shouldn't have surprised anyone else because as at balance date 31 May, all the experts thought real estate prices would tank. Fact is they haven't which augers extremely well for the future.

This is the first company to report on the full effects of the full period of the Covid 19, nobody should be surprised that the costs were huge, I have been saying this for a long time now $10 - $15m impact on underlying profit.

The heartwarming stories of how staff stepped up to help residents with their physical and mental health are awesome reading in the annual report.

They have navigated an extremely challenging period very well and really looked after their residents and staff exceptionally well and that makes me very proud to support this company.

Rome was not built in a day and I continue to believe this is an excellent long term hold and very resilient needs based business.

Good to see that applications for units are stronger in late May and June than this time last year and underscores the safety of living in one of OCA's villages.

Interesting to see the new CFO is working hard on what appears to be an application to the Govt for additional funding to meet the full impact of costs of Covid 19 which suggests to me that potentially some of these costs might be recoverable in the current year ?

All things considered, in my opinion this result is in line with expectations and is quite satisfactory considering the extremely challenging effects of Covid 19.
    The team have done a fantastic job, (putting their own lives at risk) at protecting the wellbeing of residents and deserve our upmost respect and admiration.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yes - and hardly any posts.
    Rushing off to buy ARV maybe?
    Okay, I'll stop the ARV plug
    Or maybe people are digesting the results before they comment too much ! There have been a lot of big statements made on this thread lately, bordering on ramping.

ive always argued oca was the runt of the pack , just proved right again
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    ive always argued oca was the runt of the pack , just proved right again
    This is the first company in this sector to report covering the full period of Covid 19. It appears some people thought the effects would be less.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-07-2020 at 10:21 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Don't forget to tune into the webcast starting soon

The tone will say if good or maybe bad
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Voice of reason

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Underlying profit at $42.9m is as I expected and right in the mid point of the range I have been forecasting $40m - $45m. Kudos where its due and shows good old fashioned bean counting experience counts for something. Look forward to my free beer Mav

Cash flow is up 11.3% - Cash flow is the lifeblood of business - another old accounting adage.

They are prudently managing the delivery of new units in the year ahead. Bean counters love that word "prudent"

Valuations assumption changes by the valuers do not surprise me and shouldn't have surprised anyone else because as at balance date 31 May, all the experts thought real estate prices would tank. Fact is they haven't which augers extremely well for the future.

This is the first company to report on the full effects of the full period of the Covid 19, nobody should be surprised that the costs were huge, I have been saying this for a long time now $10 - $15m impact on underlying profit.

The heartwarming stories of how staff stepped up to help residents with their physical and mental health are awesome reading in the annual report.

They have navigated an extremely challenging period very well and really looked after their residents and staff exceptionally well and that makes me very proud to support this company.

Rome was not built in a day and I continue to believe this is an excellent long term hold and very resilient needs based business.

Good to see that applications for units are stronger in late May and June than this time last year and underscores the safety of living in one of OCA's villages.

Interesting to see the new CFO is working hard on what appears to be an application to the Govt for additional funding to meet the full impact of costs of Covid 19 which suggests to me that potentially some of these costs might be recoverable in the current year ?

All things considered, in my opinion this result is in line with expectations and is quite satisfactory considering the extremely challenging effects of Covid 19.
    The team have done a fantastic job, (putting their own lives at risk) at protecting the wellbeing of residents and deserve our upmost respect and admiration.

Thank you Beagle for being the voice of reason. The absolute joy people take in a stock doing poorly always astounds me. This is money we've invested for our homes, and children's futures and to care for elderly parents one day. Delighting in other people's misfortune is just bad form.

Today this feels like a small setback, six months from now people will barely remember this report. Two years from now, it will just be a tiny blip in a a much larger narrative. I think back to what Warren Buffett said, "i'd be a much richer man than I am today if I never sold any stock." No selling for me. Just more buying into the inevitable overreaction.

Guru

MR B is correct but im still looking for .90 handle in the short term.

A market is just that a market. Buy and sell short term is not SHORTING a stock and is not a vote of not confidence in a market listed stock merely the moving of assets into and out of assets classes.

Its true OCA is not an AIR LINE. But it will offer multiple opportunities over the next 10 years as money moves classes.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 23-07-2020 at 10:36 AM.

the story is intact , and the price is better
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....