sharetrader
Page 642 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 14254259263263863964064164264364464564665269274211421642 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 19791
    Guru

DISC: we are not registered FA. BaBa has clearly stated this is his big investment and i can assure him that a diversified portfolio is not just a saying its imperative when the clouds turn to hurricanes. Many time we have been caught holding too much in one stock.

A diversified portfolio created in march in Health, Transports, energy and technology would have already turned you very good profits.

The only problem was getting the stocks as everyone rushed to buy when in fact without the FED the rally would never had been created nor lasted this long.

You can be forgiven for missing out. OCA is both an investment in health and property.

But the sectors stated above will be there for you to invest in next time the market goes bust.

When it does go bust sometime in the next 10 to 15 years im sure an investment in the retirement sector will not be one that loses you all your investment nest egg or even 75% of it.

You can also be assured that when and if the likes of MR B exist the stock you should also do the same.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-08-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Some big gains in some of the other retirement stocks and REIT's today but not for OCA. I think OCA's business plan is still not widely understood or appreciated which is great for some people who have commented above as it gives them more time to marshal their financial resources. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm recommend newbies read the thread from the very beginning as there's a veritable mine of information that's already been shared.
    Isn’t that the company’s fault? And even on this thread there has never been a simple straight forward explanation of why the Oceania business plan is going to make us all rich one day and much richer than investing in the likes of Summerset or Ryman

I’d challenge anybody on here to come up with an “elevator speech” that answers that.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Isn’t that the company’s fault? And even on this thread there has never been a simple straight forward explanation of why the Oceania business plan is going to make us all rich one day and much richer than investing in the likes of Summerset or Ryman

I’d challenge anybody on here to come up with an “elevator speech” that answers that.
    its a bull market , even dogs have some sort of day
    one step ahead of the herd

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

IsnÂ’t that the companyÂ’s fault? And even on this thread there has never been a simple straight forward explanation of why the Oceania business plan is going to make us all rich one day and much richer than investing in the likes of Summerset or Ryman

I think we could all come up a pretty good elevator speech on OCA . Even the infamous Bull came up with "doing shi*ters up and selling them".
    What the real issue is, is most don't believe in the story anymore. The fact that they keep losing money 3 years in a row is disconcerting.
    All of this has been covered on this thread so wether one thinks they will make their millions on this company boils down to what the investors source of belief is based on.

Very few have the time or motivation to DYOR so most will only buy in to the story either from brokers analysts or the actual bottom line. Until either of these 2 turn upwards the share price will remain in no-mans land. Therefore by this logic the company and its a model is currently a lame dog.

When the SP starts climbing and the money starts rolling in we will all suddenly get very good at being able to explain OCAs story.
    Last edited by Maverick; 25-08-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Agree with Mav, its all been covered already. You either believe in their long term business model or you don't. I believe they would have made $55-60m underlying profit in FY20 if it wasn't for the virus. I am confident momentum will build over the years ahead. Their super low valuation and yield is reason enough to hold, (stock is priced on a no growth PE as if its never going to grow which I think is simply ridiculous).
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-08-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I don’t mean to be disrespectful of other investors, though when I see questions that any long term hold should know the answers, instinctively, I quietly reconcile that to more opportunity to accumulate while some feel reason for uncertainty and others quit their shares.

Sorry if that’s a bit mercenary. Investors like me don’t have a big dollop that they can invest in one go and hope for the best, moreover it’s about steady accumulation over a longer timeframe on price weakness. I’d like to have about 100k of these to be fully satisfied.

I’m well on the way but still a lot to go, so enjoy those days when I have a few more readies to invest and someone kindly divests into my investment strategy. Honestly, I’m truly ****ed if OCA turns out to be a dud long term, but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve gone bust or near to it.

Hopefully this time works out, it seems pretty solid and a good long term opportunity to me.

For clarity this isn’t my only ticket to financial freedom, but it’s an important one.

Gltah, BAA
    You are a pretty smart guy BaaBaa and no doubt done some thinking about the downsides of the OCA model

Of the assumptions you've made to ensure future wealth which one if it didn't eventuate would make you truly ****ed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

You are a pretty smart guy BaaBaa and no doubt done some thinking about the downsides of the OCA model

Of the assumptions you've made to ensure future wealth which one if it didn't eventuate would make you truly ****ed
    Thanks winner, as you know I do the charts and that helps me to sell and not get into too much trouble, as well as pick off opportunistic buys. Much and all as I really like the long term prospects for OCA, sustained dividends (on DRP to accumulate) and potential for multiples of capital upside, I'm not in love with it or any of my holdings.

If I had to pick one assumption that would truly screw things up for me on OCA, and SUM which I have a few, would be an adverse government policy change to the sector funding model. Otherwise I'm confident that OCA has sustainable business model with a promising future.

Guru

the chart basically says flat to slightly upward trend for the next 2 years.

If nothing else, we might see some rising tide impact on this one soon, if Summerset is any indication at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    the chart basically says flat to slightly upward trend for the next 2 years.
    The best approach with this is to hold "doggedly" 4.7% in a zero interest rate environment (normalized for Covid effect), is reward enough let alone the steady capital gains I am expecting in the years ahead.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine