sharetrader
Page 647 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 14754759763764364464564664764864965065165769774711471647 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 19783
    Guru

Yes very good value if there plans come to pass and MR M has his model working. The redevelopment of existing land is a great plan.

jeez ... if share price down tomorrow it'll go below the 30MA

For dogs that's a bad sign
    Last edited by winner69; 09-09-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I suppose the ASM on the 24th will be another boring affair ..... a whole,lot of regurgitation of old stuff to give the believers something to salivate about.

I'll do the honourable thing and vote YES for Liz to stay on

By the way where's Warren these days -- haven't heard from him for a while. - hope he still with us
    Last edited by winner69; 09-09-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Guru

SKL has outperformed on dividend. The problem with this stock is the dividend else you have to wait for the growth.

The power of dividend is now showing itself. Not selling dividend in these interest rate recessions ever again. OCA has yet to perform on its plans. Still plenty of time for that to happen, prehaps even several years. I hope so.

W(n) does seem to like giving MR B something to comment on.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 09-09-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    jeez ... if ts doen tomorrow it'll go below the 30MA

For dogs that's a bad sign
    I think a lot of people, especially here, don’t really relate to the strategy of ‘long term’ or accumulation of long term assets when prices are depressed. Or maybe they’re the quiet ones. The thrill of the quick gain, the gamble, the trade is way more exciting.

But back to long term hold and accumulation, my own personal trick is to avoid spontaneous reactions by deleting the long hold’s watch list, like I don’t care and don’t see what happens to the share price today or tomorrow or next week.

So that might make one wonder how to accumulate something one doesn’t watch. Simple, I have buys in the market all the time at key technical support levels. I love it when I get the very occasional email that I own a few more long holds.

The only thing I haven’t figured out is how to avoid checking every post on my long hold threads. That’s a work in progress. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think a lot of people, especially here, don’t really relate to the strategy of ‘long term’ or accumulation of long term assets when prices are depressed. Or maybe they’re the quiet ones. The thrill of the quick gain, the gamble, the trade is way more exciting.

But back to long term hold and accumulation, my own personal trick is to avoid spontaneous reactions by deleting the long hold’s watch list, like I don’t care and don’t see what happens to the share price today or tomorrow or next week.

So that might make one wonder how to accumulate something one doesn’t watch. Simple, I have buys in the market all the time at key technical support levels. I love it when I get the very occasional email that I own a few more long holds.

The only thing I haven’t figured out is how to avoid checking every post on my long hold threads. That’s a work in progress. ��

Oceania no doubt has an intrinsic value -- whatever it is most would say its (significantly) higher than current share price ....correct?

So there's a (significant) price gap

Things like market mood and momentum / stories about the fundamentals / market attention can 'close' that gap

That's not happening for Oceania - I put it down to Earl not telling a good enough story. He might be a decent chap but his story telling is pretty awful. The story he tells is boring as. No wonder not many can relate to their strategy eh baabaa

He (as the company figurehead) has to get his act together and tell the story (assuming there is one to tell) in a more dynamic way to gain attention and improve the market mood towards his company.

Failure to do this and Oceania will still be languishing as a sector laggard.

Maybe 'I have a dream ...' story could help.

Hope he's reading this .... his test is the ASM
    Last edited by winner69; 09-09-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Guru

"The thrill of the quick gain, the gamble, the trade is way more exciting."

Thrill of a market is for people with no fear of the universe.

Usually the personality risk profile will determine for your mindset what stock is a hold and which stock is tradeable.

Probably a bounce in OCA sentiment tomorrow with Nasdaq - S&P500 - DOW all showing green shoots currently............ as others

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Oceania no doubt has an intrinsic value -- whatever it is most would say its (significantly) higher than current share price ....correct?

So there's a (significant) price gap

Things like market mood and momentum / stories about the fundamentals / market attention can 'close' that gap

That's not happening for Oceania - I put it down to Earl not telling a good enough story. He might be a decent chap but his story telling is pretty awful. The story he tells is boring as. No wonder not many can relate to their strategy eh baabaa

He (as the company figurehead) has to get his act together and tell the story (assuming there is one to tell) in a more dynamic way to gain attention and improve the market mood towards his company.

Failure to do this and Oceania will still be languishing as a sector laggard.

Maybe 'I have a dream ...' story could help.

Hope he's reading this .... his test is the ASM
    You make a good point winner, maybe the company strategy is confusing for some, but I don’t think so. It’s a 2021 maybe 2022 story. Believe the story, get as many as you can before it double and triple bags, this is a sound company offering compelling value at low prices. That’s not common in the market today. I like to think I’ve found a gem, but it does require a longer term view and it seems that many don’t share that view or aren’t interested in waiting. Hence I just accumulate when I can. Gltah

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Probably a bounce in OCA sentiment tomorrow with Nasdaq - S&P500 - DOW all showing green shoots currently............ as others
    Better be a huge green shoots for the S&P500 as OCA invariably underperforms that