sharetrader
Page 648 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 14854859863864464564664764864965065165265869874811481648 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 19783

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post

W(n) does seem to like giving MR B something to comment on.
    I'm starting to think he enjoy's yanking my tail just to get a reaction, good example below lol.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    jeez ... if share price down tomorrow it'll go below the 30MA

For dogs that's a bad sign
    I usually only get nervous when there's a break below the 100 day MA. Try and keep up, there's a good chap
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    jeez ... if share price down tomorrow it'll go below the 30MA

For dogs that's a bad sign
    To be fair - I prefer to buy good stocks (like e.g. OCA, FPH or most of the gentailers) below the MA400, but hey - not a dog :

Still a bit to go to reach my "accumulate" ...

Discl: holding a fair chunk.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Chart TA looks flat. no break down below the 90 doesnt even look like it will get to the 90 unless there is a very big sell off globally and it will have to be a big move down.

i dont see an entry point below 97 ATM.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 10-09-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Chart TA looks flat. no break down below the 90 doesnt even look like it will get to the 90 unless there is a very big sell off globally and it will have to be a big move down.

i dont see an entry point below 97 ATM.
    Just wait for the recession to bite ... but hey, as I said - I have already plenty and there are as well other opportunities to chase :
    ----

Guru

"recession?" in the housing market?

recessions tend to hit people under 30 the hardest and those 55 to 65 with no assets and no saving losing jobs.

Dem's over 70 with assets to sell will be selling to ex pats bringing back Pounds, Euros, USD and that means a 45% discount.

If there is a dip over the next 2 years then i hope happens but i suspect by the time we are ready to buy this again it will be well north of 1.30.

"The thrill of the quick gain, the gamble, the trade is way more exciting."

Thrill of a market is for people with no fear of the universe.

Usually the personality risk profile will determine for your mindset what stock is a hold and which stock is tradeable.

Love the market when its volatile, but have been accumulating OCA, as a long term hold as a hedge against the coming inflation and depression.Older people will still get older and look for safety and security for their declining years. If they leave it too late, tbey will end up in the hospital wing, where no one wants to be.

"recession?" in the housing market?

recessions tend to hit people under 30 the hardest and those 55 to 65 with no assets and no saving losing jobs.

Dem's over 70 with assets to sell will be selling to ex pats bringing back Pounds, Euros, USD and that means a 45% discount.

If there is a dip over the next 2 years then i hope happens but i suspect by the time we are ready to buy this again it will be well north of 1.30.
    Look - nobody (I mean that: NOBODY) can predict where share prices will go ... and this includes you and me ;

However - if you want to have fun I challenge you to do a wee analysis how often posters wrote in various threads (maybe start with OCA, PPH, SML and ATM), that the share price will never be lower again than x (x being normally a number close to the SP at writing time) and then check how often they have been right.

I would be very surprised if you find out that the percentage of correct predictions is higher than say 5 to 10 percent, but pretty sure the number will be lower. "Never again" is for a long time but even a tiny week on the share market can often be still longer : Ah yes - and did I mention it? Nobody can predict future share prices.

I do take your statement in this spirit :
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-09-2020 at 01:06 PM. Reason: increased emoji diversity
    ----

Guru

I did not say NEVER. i said ATM.. at the moment. This week and next im not expecting a test of the 90 MA.

"Expecting" not used in the infinitive.

As

I Dont expect.

Not expecting means it may happen but the probability is lower than i expect.

AT is not showing a high probability from the stochastic.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 10-09-2020 at 01:13 PM.

I did not say NEVER. i said ATM.. at the moment. This week and next im not expecting a test of the 90 MA.

"Expecting" not used in the infinitive.

As

I Dont expect.

Not expecting means it may happen but the probability is lower than i expect.

AT is not showing a high probability from the stochastic.
    You did. Thanks for clarifying this.

It appears you are thinking in shorter time frames than I do :
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    However - if you want to have fun I challenge you to do a wee analysis how often posters wrote in various threads (maybe start with OCA, PPH, SML and ATM), that the share price will never be lower again than x (x being normally a number close to the SP at writing time) and then check how often they have been right. :
    Have to agree and personally still paying the price with SML & ZEL........ BUT just MAYBE eventually the tide will turn