sharetrader
Page 673 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 17357362366366967067167267367467567667768372377311731673 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 19791
    Advanced Member

Just to be clear, Labour Party tax policy for at least this next term is, NO NEW taxes (so that rules out a wealth tax)
    & only a new 39% tax rate on (an individual's) income over $180,000. (so a couple bringing in $300,000 with each earning $150,000 would not be affected).

Like many, concerned about a wealth tax on assets so thought better check it out.
    With Labour on track for a very comfortable win, better they govern alone without the Greens in terms of tax.

Membaa

How about you all take your politics and tax discussion to the appropriate off market threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Just to be clear, Labour Party tax policy for at least this next term is, NO NEW taxes (so that rules out a wealth tax)
    & only a new 39% tax rate on (an individual's) income over $180,000. (so a couple bringing in $300,000 with each earning $150,000 would not be affected).

Like many, concerned about a wealth tax on assets so thought better check it out.
    With Labour on track for a very comfortable win, better they govern alone without the Greens in terms of tax.
    yes that would be the better outcome in terms of whats best for your OCA investment , ie the greens dont get into govt.
    one step ahead of the herd

They will maintain a relationship with the greens, they may need them for a third term even if they don't need them this time around.

Moved from FSF ex div (till recently was a supplier) to OCA and I want to tell everyone. Now my biggest holding and this time around I feel I timed OCA well. Been a very good few weeks. I like the information I find here. Thanks

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    They will maintain a relationship with the greens, they may need them for a third term even if they don't need them this time around.

Moved from FSF ex div (till recently was a supplier) to OCA and I want to tell everyone. Now my biggest holding and this time around I feel I timed OCA well. Been a very good few weeks. I like the information I find here. Thanks
    Welcome on the train Mike
    There are some excellent and long suffering posters who have contributed some really good stuff on this thread. I agree that you think you have timed your entry right. Without another major disruption ahead I personally believe the story gets easier and easier to see from here on.
    Guys here who have done awesome and difficult analysis over the years are about to become redundant when the bottom line is now poised to take over the talking.
    Last edited by Maverick; 09-10-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    Well for a start there's a good chance its already been taxed if it's savings.....
    It is already (re)taxed if it earns income, not if it earns capital gains. Hence why Kiwis tend to invest in land for capital appreciation, and not into capital that boosts the productivity of labour. However the current system is unlikely to be changed by any likely government, so Oceania's ORAs prices are likely to continue to increase at rates faster than the increase in incomes...imo (DYOR)

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    How about you all take your politics and tax discussion to the appropriate off market threads.
    Hear Hear ! I've had more than enough of it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Welcome on the train Mike
    There are some excellent and long suffering posters who have contributed some really good stuff on this thread. I agree that you think you have timed your entry right. Without another major disruption ahead I personally believe the story gets easier and easier to see from here on.
    Guys here who have done awesome and difficult analysis over the years are about to become redundant when the bottom line is now poised to take over the talking.
    Even the drunk monkeys will be able to start seeing the wood for the trees when OCA's announces its shockingly good half year results in late January and that Credit Swiss analyst who has a $1.30 price target will get a major wake up call too and have to upgrade substantially to avoid egg on his face.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-10-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Just want to reassure you, this was a clarification regarding a tax policy which just like rising or falling real estate values would generally affect sales of Retirement units, i.e. if retirees are faced with a brand new large tax bill on selling the family home, this will affect both their thoughts around & purchase of Retirement units.

Definitely not being political, just a neutral clarification.
    Potential political policies have flow on affects which should not be ignored.
    Like sailing, we're all looking upwind to see what (or potentially) we're sailing into.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 09-10-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Just want to reassure you, this was a clarification regarding a tax policy which just like rising or falling real estate values would generally affect sales of Retirement units, i.e. if retirees are faced with a brand new large tax bill on selling the family home, this will affect both their thoughts around & purchase of Retirement units.

Definitely not being political, just a neutral clarification.
    Potential political policies have flow on affects which should not be ignored.
    Like sailing, we're all looking upwind to see what (or potentially) we're sailing into.
    agree some people tend to be a bit narrow in there overview of things which can effect investments , tax does and always will effect peoples behaviour in regards to investments and as i pointed out the greens policy would mean the occupational rights in retirement villages would be taxable and could not be deferred
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    agree some people tend to be a bit narrow in there overview of things which can effect investments , tax does and always will effect peoples behaviour in regards to investments and as i pointed out the greens policy would mean the occupational rights in retirement villages would be taxable and could not be deferred
    B/S, it does not as pointed out before, but - if you really want to discuss tax or Green policy, could you please do that on some appropriate thread?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)