sharetrader
Page 677 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 17757762766767367467567667767867968068168772777711771677 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 19772

tj once played a game with me ....who’ll get to 140 first, ARV or HGH

Need to play another game now ....who’ll get to 140 first - OCA or HGH
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

I am well positioned either way but possibly worth noting that HGH did get to $1.40 last week.

We need a proper game, which will get to $2 first ?...oh wait...that's no good either...the old Heartland already been to $2.14, ask me how I know

Okay, here we go then, which one gets to $2.20 first ? My guess is OCA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

HGH is currently sitting within a gnat's whisker, like a day's trading blip, while OCA must be due a little rest before taking it's next run north. Either way, hold both, slightly weighted towards OCA (like about 100:1 lol)

Guru

pull back to 125 possible maybe even 120 ..but not for long. double top and could push higher simple because the market is starting to party up...

weeks away from vaccine trial news starting to heat up...

market could really take off on the Regen vaccine after all it took out ebola
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-10-2020 at 02:02 PM.

At 1.29, OCA premium to FY20 NTA is 35%, still lowest of the five retirement stocks. RYM 227%, MET 74%, SUM 97%, ARV 41%.

Not bad, especially given quality of management and strategy, development pipeline and shift towards profitability all contributing towards possible inflection point for OCA as indicated by Maverick / Beagle and others previously. Not to mention macro support from RBNZ fuelling property market and possible redistribution of MET funds within sector, plus longer term tailwinds from demographic changes.

Also of note for me is that yield from OCA is historically a sustainable once, with net operating cashflow comfortably covering dividends (FY20 being $0.04 dividend, and $0.08 OCF / share). Good management of capital, and balancing of return vs re-investment, in my books.

Long story short, $1.29 could look very cheap in medium - long term

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Certainly the golden age for real estate investors looks like it will continue - covid level one (while Europe and the USA spikes), low interest rates, no stamp duties, no CGT.

When travel restrictions ease further, will returning kiwis and safe haven seekers flood into Aotearoa demanding a little patch of land to call haven? Has the property investment environment been sweeter?
    Great for those of us haves that are invested in property in one respect or another, but man haven't the COL's intentions around home ownership seriously backfired and now seemingly all brakes are off for the next 3 years. Glad I'm not trying to get on the ladder, while disappointed I can't find another big pile of cash to throw at OCA and the like...one thing's for sure, I aint selling what I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    always leave 20% in cash
    Just like our thoughts on acceptable yield are having to be realigned for today's low interest rate environment, I think the good old 20% cash thing also needs a look at in many cases. 20% cash (assuming we are talking investment portfolio here) back in the day was fine when it was earning money in the bank, but with the market running hot, how much are you losing? I think I'd rather have some of that 20% in a relatively liquid bricks and mortar stock, like say OCA for argument's sake . The market has been such that if I'd had 20% of my portfolio in cash a month ago, it would be worth less than 15% now. Of course your %$ in cash vs stocks should change according to the market, but that's the tricky bit...like obviously if there was an incoming pandemic, you'd want to be cashed up ~80%...easy peasy, right? Just my 2C's of course.

Guru

"good old 20%"

for taking advantage of that best buy day...

with 80% of your cash working hard and presumable going up up and away

you should always have some liquid funds.

its not a perfect world.

In fact we did not sell all our stocks in time and had to hold. Some of them wont come back to profit to several years yet.

Your rain day fund could go to bonds if you want .
    Your so called loss of money is not in fact loss when balanced for GDP and country by country advantages.

In this case your NZ dollars is holding its value.

Last edited by Waltzing; 12-10-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Looks like Heartland bank is offering sub 2% mortgages...

Latest REINZ statistics are out and volumes and prices are VERY strong https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...ber%202020.pdf

National medium price up a remarkable 14.7% year on year and highest number of property sales for 42 months. The market is on fire and with interest rates from as low as 1.99% it would seem its only going to go one way https://reinz.co.nz/residential-property-data-gallery

The lovely Bindi, CEO of REINZ says Auckland sales were the strongest in 52 months ! https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...3R3MSSNPX4FF4/
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

prices up in the central North Island. The new road system lets me leave botany in the late evening and before i know it im in hamilton. Need to get an auto driving car. No point driving now with the 2 lane each way being extended to south of central north island towns by late 2021.

You could own a house well out of auckland and sit back and have your car drive you to town.

Cheap loans add your self driving electric car to your new house mortgage.

Should be a finance bundle.