sharetrader
Page 678 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867467567667767867968068168268872877811781678 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 19788

Just want to say I'm a young (22) investor, and the group on this thread has supplied me with a wealth of information over the time that I've been watching in the shadows. An incredible broad range of insight on this thread, thanks guys. I picked up Oceania on its fundamentals a while back, exciting future.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Latest REINZ statistics are out and volumes and prices are VERY strong https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...ber%202020.pdf

National medium price up a remarkable 14.7% year on year and highest number of property sales for 42 months. The market is on fire and with interest rates from as low as 1.99% it would seem its only going to go one way https://reinz.co.nz/residential-property-data-gallery

The lovely Bindi, CEO of REINZ says Auckland sales were the strongest in 52 months ! https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...3R3MSSNPX4FF4/
    Aye...The Labour Party is making sure the cost of Covid will fall on long-suffering income earners by increasing the tax rate, while real estate owners get the untaxed windfall gains from the Covid response . Go figure!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBull View Post
    Just want to say I'm a young (22) investor, and the group on this thread has supplied me with a wealth of information over the time that I've been watching in the shadows. An incredible broad range of insight on this thread, thanks guys. I picked up Oceania on its fundamentals a while back, exciting future.
    Welcome to the forum...... you've made a great start..... wish I had had this sort of investing info' when I was 22!! (in my day's it was an all via brokers with an abacus or nothing.)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Aye...The Labour Party is making sure the cost of Covid will fall on long-suffering income earners by increasing the tax rate, while real estate owners get the untaxed windfall gains from the Covid response . Go figure!
    Whereas it could be said that National is putting more cost on future generations by giving a tax cut while estate owners get the untaxed windfall gains from the Covid response.

Guru

is this moving back to tax? just saying ...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Whereas it could be said that National is putting more cost on future generations by giving a tax cut while estate owners get the untaxed windfall gains from the Covid response.
    Bottom line is owning houses works well for everyone, regardless which major party they vote for. No Party wants to introduce a capital gains tax stronger than the bright line tax system on houses. It is unfair, but hey who wants to change that?? We all have it in us to minimise the taxes we have to pay.

Tax...YAWN...lets get back to the lovely Bindi from REINZ and those extraordinary real estate statistics. Volume and price are important for companies in this sector and its great to see the market is really performing well in both respects.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Tax...YAWN...lets get back to the lovely Bindi from REINZ and those extraordinary real estate statistics. Volume and price are important for companies in this sector and its great to see the market is really performing well in both respects.
    The REINZ stats are eye watering! Considering OCA's independent valuers got it SO WRONG for last balance date, there's a ton of valuation catch up coming which imo is far from priced into the SP.

hey Beagle - don't concentrate on annual increases (like v Sept 19)

You need to look at whats happening NOW

Like HPI for Auckland up 2.4% in last month and 6.4% over last 3 months (June to Sept)

That's nearly a 30% annualised increase

Aren't Oceania selling a few in Auckland at the moment

Cool eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Fair enough. Although tax issues are more relevant to a discussion on the property market and Oceania than whether Bindi is "lovely".