sharetrader
Page 686 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 18658663667668268368468568668768868969069673678611861686 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 19773

Close at 139 ....high for the day is a really positive sign

Bound to go over 140 tomorrow

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think if I remember correctly the previous all time high was $1.38 so we've got a new all time high and if I remember correctly I believe that technical analyst guru's around here get pretty excited about the clear air a new all time high creates. Perhaps Baa Baa can chime in with some TA comment about the significance of a fresh all time high ?

Technically and fundamentally this is starting to look very encouraging but its very early days and I think only a small handful of the drunk monkey's have only just just started to sober up. Wait till the half year results in late January and they won't know what hit them !
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-10-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think if I remember correctly the previous all time high was $1.38 so we've got a new all time high and if I remember correctly I believe that technical analyst guru's around here get pretty excited about the clear air a new all time high creates. Perhaps Baa Baa can chime in with some TA comment about the significance of a fresh all time high ?

Technically and fundamentally this is starting to look very encouraging but its very early days and I think only a small handful of the drunk monkey's have only just just started to sober up. Wait till the half year results in late January and they won't know what hit them !
    The waltzing man will say its a double top and some world crisis or something will see the price fall back to under a buck

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The waltzing man will say its a double top and some world crisis or something will see the price fall back to under a buck
    LOL...no I think he's sobered up already and come good.

Index change regarding a takeover usually involves also a rebalance as the size of the company going out is quite different to the size of the company coming into the NZX50. (Recall what happened in mid December 2017 when XRO came out of the index...massive buying of a wide range of other securities, not just the company replacing it in the index).

Will we see something similar next week with MET coming out which could see significant funds reinvested into other stocks in this sector including OCA late next Tuesday afternoon ? Keep an eye on the share price action in the last fifteen minutes of trade on Tuesday next week, it could be quite "interesting".

$1.50 next week ? Maybe,...watch this space !

If I keep guessing this index change influence thing enough times eventually I might be right lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-10-2020 at 05:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Perhaps Baa Baa can chime in with some TA comment about the significance of a fresh all time high ?
    Currently closed at ATH $1.39, nice bullish run past three weeks. Weekly chart log scale. A break above is blue sky, but I'll call short term resistance at $1.50 (joining up the highs). Let's see if it can get there and bust through, then who knows. Might have to do a Fibonacci extension!

Really good SUM had a great sales result which has continued to help boost their share price and bring OCA along for the ride

Test now is to see if OCA can do it all by itself

But suppose if both continue on their merry way it'll be good
    Last edited by winner69; 15-10-2020 at 07:21 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Currently closed at ATH $1.39, nice bullish run past three weeks. Weekly chart log scale. A break above is blue sky, but I'll call short term resistance at $1.50 (joining up the highs). Let's see if it can get there and bust through, then who knows. Might have to do a Fibonacci extension!
    While I always check myself in such euphoria as this knowing it won't last I really think this time is peculiar. In the medium term neither fundamentals nor charts really matter right now.

What is happening in my view is the perfect un-storm. Basically OCA is coming of age while there is a sh*t ton of multiple sources of money looking for a home ( especially in property) and sent raining down on this straight from the heavens from the investment Gods : the green lights from 2 brokers so far....

While this is all fluff for long termers as many of us are, I do personally take great joy of being vindicated by the very market that has been telling us that we were wrong all this time.

( and quite frankly...while Credit Suisse and Forsyth are recognizing some of the growth ahead...after analysing their reports, neither of them really get what's just around the corner...I'm saying they are only about half way there so far...I know" that seems arrogant considering the company I am in" but that's how the maths stack up. )
    Last edited by Maverick; 15-10-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Guru

"sh*t ton of " money? yes are charts much use at the moment? who knows but i think money wont emerge in one month but over the next 6 months as some people start to panic...

Oh! thank you Mr B. 2.5 Dollars then inside 3 years.

Im thinking we need to buy yet more... that in 3 portfolios...please stay down a bit longer or better yet can we have a sell off on the euro and us markets... oh look ... euros markets down 2 %
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-10-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Should OCA deliver on our expectations and the buoyant market continue, we see substantial further upside medium term.
    Forsyth Barr.
    They are on the right track, they just need more of a vision like the top gun team here have with their eyes fixed on the big prize over the next decade.

Membaa

Should OCA deliver on our expectations and the buoyant market continue, we see substantial further upside medium term.
    Forsyth Barr.
    They are on the right track, they just need more of a vision like the top gun team here have with their eyes fixed on the big prize over the next decade.
    If one projects out the capital development for just the currently owned land, and make a guess at how many incremental ‘properties’ That adds up to, the balance sheet growth, FCF and under lying profits are eye watering over the next decade. That assumes no more land acquisitions! At just over a buck, it seems almost criminal to be able to buy an income stream and huge capital gains to come, but that’s the longer term thing about early investing in successful companies. One day when we check into our OCA villa, it will be satisfying that the company paid us for it.

😀