sharetrader
Page 688 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 18858863867868468568668768868969069169269873878811881688 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 19773

JTs’s comments may be of a general nature or maybe specific. Whatever this was an interesting article (at least I thought so) about how covid has crushed the humanity out of care.

Maybe not totally so in NZ yet but our time will inevitably come when society has to address who pays for care (general and aged) and could even be a threat / challenge to profitable and efficient aged care models here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ficiency-money
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

No no no, not reading anything negative in the spring. Besides this is the new zealand market and you only need to walk past the new houses going up like a field of DUTCH TULIPS around here.

1.41 ....

wish we had the same holdings as last year.

Have to buy some more in yet another holding company...

Might be time to put up a daily chart for the NZX as a log in charting tool next year. Might even provide it free for some sharetrader people..selected only of course. Costs a lot to server up a server side app running dynamically. Node JS cheap but not the apps i have in mind. Cheap node js wont cut it.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 16-10-2020 at 09:54 AM.

The annual report tells wonderful heart warming accounts of the extraordinary length's OCA staff went too to look after our vulnerable elderly residents during the lockdown. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...711/326868.pdf

I'm really proud to support a company that looks after people with upmost care. Its not all just about money, (bet you never thought you'd hear a bean counter say that !)
    People being looked after really well matters heaps to me, (the feel good doing the right thing) and I know it really matters to the team at OCA too !
    If you can't be bothered reading the whole report, just read the cover "Handled with Care"...says it all...

Couta1 in his role has been into a lot of different healthcare facilities over the years and I know he really rates OCA care right up there with the best, on the same level with their care as Ryman. He's a straight shooter and I am more than happy to accept his assurance at face value.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I noticed something quite interesting... As of right now, Oceania's share price is higher than Heartland's (OCA is at $1.45, HGH is at $1.43)... I believe this is the first time this has happened.

I remember a few years ago when I mentioned Arvida's share price will one day overtake Heartlands... I remember it quite fondly as I was essentially laughed all the way out of the room. (ARV's share price has been ahead of Heartlands for quite some time now)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I noticed something quite interesting... As of right now, Oceania's share price is higher than Heartland's (OCA is at $1.45, HGH is at $1.43)... I believe this is the first time this has happened.

I remember a few years ago when I mentioned Arvida's share price will one day overtake Heartlands... I remember it quite fondly as I was essentially laughed all the way out of the room. (ARV's share price has been ahead of Heartlands for quite some time now)
    Looks like there's a lot of people wanting a piece of OCA and not many people wanting to sell; there is some serious blue sky at the moment. Mirrors the outside as its a nice day today.

How wonderfull this is. Thanks to peoples who offloaded at 39c six months ago and gave me an opportunity to collect over 100k volumes more. I am laughing....

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
    How wonderfull this is. Thanks to peoples who offloaded at 39c six months ago and gave me an opportunity to collect over 100k volumes more. I am laughing....
    Didnt the out going CFO fire sell a heap of shares at sub 40c? boy, he must be kicking himself now

close today 1.60.....

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    Didnt the out going CFO fire sell a heap of shares at sub 40c? boy, he must be kicking himself now
    Probably why he's no longer CFO.

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    Looks like there's a lot of people wanting a piece of OCA and not many people wanting to sell; there is some serious blue sky at the moment. Mirrors the outside as its a nice day today.
    Hope the shareprice doesn’t fly as high as Icarus did

At 2 bucks by Christmas be OK
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”