sharetrader
Page 693 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 19359364368368969069169269369469569669770374379311931693 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 19773

Promising am but ****e pm.
    Signal of things to come perhaps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Today’s action must have made be an interesting candle pattern on the chart ....any name for it ....looks bearish or too early to tell.
    The name is Back to Base but not the $1 base probably a new base of around $1.20.

You’re looking at the base price now I’d say

Guru

the 3 times its retraced its averaged about 12 cents and does so over for about 5-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The name is Back to Base but not the $1 base probably a new base of around $1.20.
    In your dreams mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Now how many times have I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    In your dreams mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Now how many times have I heard that.
    It wasn't that long ago peeps were saying stuff like it'll never be below a dollar again...well that was proven incorrect on more than one occasion. Yeah I reckon a new base at ~$1.20 isn't unlikely, especially if and when there's a little correction on the dow or sumink. Chuck another decent covid outbreak in the mix and it may well go lower. I'm not concerned though, the general trend is up and a healthy correction at this point will be a short lived opportunity for topping up.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Today’s action must have made be an interesting candle pattern on the chart ....any name for it ....looks bearish or too early to tell.
    OCACandle1016.JPG

I reckon its closest to a shooting star
    What is a Shooting Star?

A shooting star is a bearish candlestick with a long upper shadow, little or no lower shadow, and a small real body near the low of the day. It appears after an uptrend. Said differently, a shooting star is a type of candlestick that forms when a security opens, advances significantly, but then closes the day near the open again.

So sell everyone sell !! we've shot our load

To add to our understanding of a shooting star (if thats what it is) ...

The candle that forms after the shooting star is what confirms the shooting star candle. The next candle's high must stay below the high of the shooting star and then proceed to close below the close of the shooting star. Ideally, the candle after the shooting star gaps lower or opens near the prior close and then moves lower on heavy volume. A down day after a shooting star helps confirm the price reversal and indicates the price could continue to fall. Traders may look to sell or short sell.

If the price rises after a shooting star, the price range of the shooting star may still act as resistance.
    Last edited by peat; 17-10-2020 at 12:56 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

If its been there once it will go there again, unless there is an adverse announcement. But not necessarilly in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    If its been there once it will go there again, unless there is an adverse announcement. But not necessarilly in one day.
    I'm with you mate and at my core am a value investor. I respect TA and do the basics like not buying in a confirmed downtrend, (unless there is extraordinary deep value that's completely irrational) and like basic indicators like seeing my belief in the fundamental's supported by a rising trendline. Buying a half sized position on a break about the 30 day moving average and the rest on a break up through the 100 day moving average is one of my favorite approaches but always supported by a deep conviction about the fundamental's. I seldom if ever buy on TA alone...but with the TA stuff I think its best to stick to the confirmed trends. I leave the abandoned baby and shooting star type theories to others.

This is now in a nice confirmed uptrend supported by compelling fundamental's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-10-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine