sharetrader
Page 697 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 19759764768769369469569669769869970070170774779711971697 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 19788

someone asked what candle formation it was ....
    sorry to suggest selling guys , one should never fight the wave of enthusiasm from Mr B and Mr M's posts and go against it.
    N.B. It wasnt a perfect shooting star

(disclaimer:have not sold from 1.09)
    but as some one trying work their depleted capital harder I must admit I was tempted tho..l
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

As part of our continual learning experience I am reposting the info on the price pattern required the day after the shooting star so we can all follow whether the sh.st. is confirmed.

• The candle that forms after the shooting star is what confirms the shooting star candle.

• The next candle's high must stay below the high of the shooting star and then proceed to close below the close of the shooting star.

• Ideally, the candle after the shooting star gaps lower or opens near the prior close and then moves lower on heavy volume.

• A down day after a shooting star helps confirm the price reversal and indicates the price could continue to fall. Traders may look to sell or short sell.

• If the price rises after a shooting star, the price range of the shooting star may still act as resistance.

Obviously the rationale behind a shooting star is that it found massive resistance at those levels, so despite our enthusiasm for the FA , traders may still wish to note this point and follow up on todays outcome

Broker analyst target prices are predetermined by prevailing share price

Once they got that sorted they write their story and do their sums to suit

Guru

shooting stars.....crikey ... look up to the heavens!!!

im going down to upgrade my telescope .... after all hubble needed a bigger one..

is Jacinda a shooting star... did she just take another leap higher? how high do these stars go!??
    Last edited by Waltzing; 19-10-2020 at 11:20 AM.

candles encapsulate sentiment very well indeed. you really should have some understanding of them for trading and even investing could benefit from using longer time frame candles eg monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    shooting stars.....

im going down to upgrade my telescope .... after all hubble needed a bigger one..

is Jacinda a shooting star... did she just take another leap higher? how high do these stars go!??

Guru

you light as many candles as you like but ill stick to runtime dynamic accounting models thanks.

In other words i wait for the FA as we dont trade this stock it just not the type of stock we trade.

It either a BUY, HOLD or SELL and not on a monthly basis

oh wait that all you can do with a stock ....
    Last edited by Waltzing; 19-10-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Back to the real stuff (FA).... If anybody's has access to the 3rd analysts workings I would really appreciate a pointer to where I can find it. Cheers.
    Just phone them up, tell them you the Maverick on Sharetrader and I am sure they will gladly give you a copy if you promise to tell them where their analysis is wrong.

You re-read the accounts & presentations yet?
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    you light as many candles as you like
    not trying to get on your wick, or into your beeswax , just contributing in the way I can. and I will shut up after this. Candles are not cosmic , or akin to reading tea leaves like many think of TA especially the pattern analysis stuff
    They are more like your moving averages. You cannot deny their facts They use O:H:L:C and they portray that info at a glance. Whats not to like:? /end of general candle rant (apart from possible further analysis of OCA)

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Just phone them up, tell them you the Maverick on Sharetrader and I am sure they will gladly give you a copy if you promise to tell them where their analysis is wrong.

You re-read the accounts & presentations yet?
    I'm really not sure what part of note 3 and 5 you are pointing out? There is a lot of stuff in there. If you are alluding to yesterdays chat here about how communal roads and ground work etc is classified accounting wise , then yes I had a refresh just for fun. However I don't really see any dramas of how its all classified.

Some here put quite an emphasis on asset backing of a retirement village. In a takeover scenario , fair enough. Otherwise this seems rather pointless in my mind as nothing ever gets sold on the open market anyway. To me its all about the that profit comes from those assets that is value. So whatever column on a balance sheet a road or driveway ends up in is of little interest to me.

I don't know who the 3rd analysts is to phone( if you were serious?). Further to that I'm not in the business of debunking everybody who I disagree with , I just have to understand why we disagree and adjust my model accordingly. Just turns out this time around no adjustment is necessary on my part as I have tried to explain here.

I never know how to take you Snow Leopard? I figure I`ve just wasted 10 minute of my life that I wont get back...but just maybe you are steering us to something of value??? I am very willing to listen, that's what this forum is all about.
    Last edited by Maverick; 19-10-2020 at 12:34 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    not trying to get on your wick, or into your beeswax , just contributing in the way I can. and I will shut up after this. Candles are not cosmic , or akin to reading tea leaves like many think of TA especially the pattern analysis stuff
    They are more like your moving averages. You cannot deny their facts They use O:H:L:C and they portray that info at a glance. Whats not to like:? /end of general candle rant (apart from possible further analysis of OCA)
    I liked your candle thing Peat....its interesting.